All purpose Sales and Sales Rumors and Anecdotes [2017 Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-comments-on-ps4-pro-sales-and-how-they-compar/1100-6447489/

Kenchiro Yoshida CFO of Sony just said PS4 Pro sales are better than PS4 Slim now during earning report...

This was misunderstood by the people reporting it. There was a question about the effect of PSVR on the sales of the PS4 system. and the answer was that It's hard to say, because many people have a PS4 and cameras previously, but they were confident to say Pro sales benefit from it. The part about Pro sales being stronger was just in this context alone, not in absolute numbers. Not even close.

This was misunderstood by the people reporting it. There was a question about the effect of PSVR on the sales of the PS4 system. and the answer was that It's hard to say, because many people have a PS4 and cameras previously, but they were confident to say Pro sales benefit from it. The part about Pro sales being stronger was just in this context alone, not in absolute numbers. Not even close.

Thanks for that clarification because I was struggling to reconcile that article with the reality of sales charts where PS4-S was massively outselling the PS4-P. It makes a lot of sense, however, that the PS4-P would sell relatively better than the PS4-S with regards to the early adopters of PSVR.

Regards,
SB

There has been plenty of Pro's in USA, they just need to reallocate. Dont a lot of Europeans buy from Amazon USA anyway? I know that applies to points cards...

So PS4 will be 60 million in March. 3+ years out. Wii did 100 million, how fast? Will Sony ship another 20 million PS4 in FY 17? Or will they expect a decline?

PS3/X360 both probably ended around 85 million shipped, so there's that as well.

No for example I want to buy a PS4 Pro from Amazon France. It is available sometimes but they don't deliver the product in Switzerland...

Thanks for that clarification because I was struggling to reconcile that article with the reality of sales charts where PS4-S was massively outselling the PS4-P. It makes a lot of sense, however, that the PS4-P would sell relatively better than the PS4-S with regards to the early adopters of PSVR.

Regards,
SB

Out of Japan we don't have number between PS4 Pro and PS4 and in Japan the PS4 Pro is supply constraint. It is one of the country where the demand exceed the availability of the product...

I don't know what would be the number of PS4 Pro was not supply constraint in Japan but higher than now.

EDIT: Last week in Japan 25% of PS4 sales were PS4 Pro sales and it is supply constraint...

Last edited:
There has been plenty of Pro's in USA, they just need to reallocate. Dont a lot of Europeans buy from Amazon USA anyway? I know that applies to points cards...
Why do you think this?. The EU has exceedingly good consumer protection laws but if you buy from a retailer outside of the EU you will have to fight with lawyers to benefit from them, wait longer for delivery and be subject to import taxes. I'm not seeing a plus to buying from the North America.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/02/01/ca...vil-7-after-profits-decline-more-focus-on-vr/

Capcom is happy of RE7 VR sales. They just pass the 100k registered RE7 PSVR player

Izb1xGz2ItXh8NP6uQ6yFFWhWOrnCO1jVaEpZ4IVcKpoRDqi1gcJ3ZQZbioY72KqGLoGacQV12JZLxrQAlWNw5J8B5tQV5hH61nZPBnp1zfBWH6e0eKO9FxBT6nYx1ytqQV_d4VwGYXTyFu6RkIDKNpBsQlYLHaG3DuSV1aolEMa0okWXYPTRynfhSw9qg5clIcS9108fxFazd3K-RvW8AocVgfwGNksJLiTDObvCDT6SnB6gRr3-0X2YWE7J1wjd-_z0rx7IJFFdRe9ZQrtiMs13CpvtR-9Flrz8An9PnePT_sG6dfA6bKakCEQxCqRY-T3AKm9OKKsNJS8XgfMAmvAynlC3y9TuT1i6N89odSrZ1FnT-xh_lJbnRTpjUjx5lnXzWAek0wdEnmm8UsRYu26zN64hCTzI465WffSUjmT5Ymni3bmMecq9pmmb1aRv02iyPg96WBGXtwtbffYmCAyiMrqDtk28rQgoYgEjnKJy7WWMbnJVpz4ke0q6rlacp9wHRJ2ff9ZXbxV1gZAJuNauFQln3OaTODfEFjTzCp388hns2UjCqyz7sId5AKGev3m5t3LEwsSTpXuYFH_MENk_z2LEs_VgRH479mV-rZx9N0YwRJjMf5E3BJokxADWInLEN-QuGUC5yptDolPuZ8St1DKCB4uGXhwPoUiGdY=w1096-h452-no

Last edited:
Ranger's is just exaggerating for poetic effect. He thinks (thought) he had evidence that'd prove us wrong and was warming up his digs and jibes ready to gloat.

You did your math wrong. 32m would be a 1:1 ratio. You actually should call it 1:0.5 and get 24m.

I think Ranger has been saying that total world-wide XBox One shipments seems to be twice the number of US NPD Numbers. If US Xbox One numbers are 16 million then world-wide (including US) numbers would be 32 million.

I dunno how he came up with that ratio... it literally goes against every sales estimate/forecast released, which includes estimates by EA, who have far more sales data than any of us. Not even X360 had a 50/50 split.

Zhuge's most recent estimate has the XB1 at ~28.5M shipped, which is about what I guessed.

Last edited:
You actually should call it 1:0.5
You should call it 2:1 as ratio should be expressed as integers, same as fractions. That's why widescreen is expressed as 16:9 and not 1.7 recurring:1. The only example I know of where people use a 1:decimal is the movie industry aspect ratios which is the exception that proves the rule, which is expected because the movie industry are a bunch of idiots with numbers, leading us from '1080p' describing the exact vertical row count of a frame to '4K' as an approximation of horizontal resolution.

You should call it 2:1 as ratio should be expressed as integers, same as fractions. That's why widescreen is expressed as 16:9 and not 1.7 recurring:1. The only example I know of where people use a 1:decimal is the movie industry aspect ratios which is the exception that proves the rule, which is expected because the movie industry are a bunch of idiots with numbers, leading us from '1080p' describing the exact vertical row count of a frame to '4K' as an approximation of horizontal resolution.

Using the normal expression seemed to confuse Ranger when it came to calculate the whole. My alternative was intended to help him see why.

I dunno how he came up with that ratio... it literally goes against every sales estimate/forecast released, which includes estimates by EA, who have far more sales data than any of us. Not even X360 had a 50/50 split.

Zhuge's most recent estimate has the XB1 at ~28.5M shipped, which is about what I guessed.

How many times have we been through this. Xbox 360 EXACTLY had a 2:1 split. The burden of proof IMO is on anyone to prove it's lower than that for Xbox One. Good luck since there isn't any.

Where is this particular alleged EA estimate? Do they source and credit numbers from GFK and NPD? I'd have to look at it to even determine if it supposedly goes against 2:1.

Other than that I'm sure they provided zero details cause I think I remember that estimate. So no, I dont accept it unless it's attributed from gfk/NPD.

You did your math wrong. 32m would be a 1:1 ratio. You actually should call it 1:0.5 and get 24m.

Try reading it again. Slower maybe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back