Sunset Overdrive: From Insomniac Games [XO]

I am running it at 1280X720, maxed out ! Check screenshots in the pc forum. The only current gen console game i can't run well on my pc is BF3. But thats maybe more due to it having a lot more bells and whistles on pc.

so your saying at 720p you can run with shadow quality high , ssao quality high , backdrop high , godray high , volumetric light high , draw distance maxed out ? cause my 6950 @ 6970 + can't do that at 1080p. I find it hard to believe that your getting that with a 4850 even with half the resolution.

so your saying at 720p you can run with shadow quality high , ssao quality high , backdrop high , godray high , volumetric light high , draw distance maxed out ? cause my 6950 @ 6970 + can't do that at 1080p. I find it hard to believe that your getting that with a 4850 even with half the resolution.

Yes ! I have quad core 2.88ghz processor and 4gb ddr3. It was unplayable at 1080, hence I dropped to 720 and it works great ! With your setup, it should be better than mine. I am sure your processor would be better too.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/63422/insomniac-talks-exclusivity-and-sunset-overdrive-ratchet-could-end-up-on-xbox-one-day/

Some news.
it runs on an upgraded, Xbox One-tailored version of the engine that powered Fuse, the developer's underwhelming Xbox 360 debut. "The version of the engine Sunset is running will be optimized to get the most out of that console. We could show you, but we are waiting until the kick-ass meter hits 12 (out of 10... or maybe 5) first."

"Sunset Overdrive is and will be exclusive to the Xbox One," Salvitti told the creator of a petition for a PlayStation version. "Petitions will not change that. We have a partner in Microsoft, that we are happy with for this title. That doesn't mean we can't and won't work with other publishers (see Into the Nexus)."
It may surprise some of our longtime fans that we have partnered with Microsoft Studios to develop Sunset Overdrive exclusively for Xbox One. When we first began discussing this idea with Microsoft, we were initially hesitant to shift back into an exclusive arrangement.

"But as the Microsoft team began introducing us to the abilities and philosophies driving the development of Xbox One, we knew that Sunset Overdrive was a perfect fit. The Xbox One and Xbox Live will support our ambitions to create an ongoing two-way dialogue with our community.

"It will also allow us to have quicker production cycles, enabling timely content updates for new weapons, characters, storylines and even pop culture-relevant content like memes based on social commentary.

Much of that online only philosophy has been dropped, so they won't get the guaranteed connection any more. But of course, most next gen games are already online dependent in one form or another, on both consoles.
So, its the FUSE engine. So, like ND, they are also adding to the same engine, instead of writing a new one from scratch.

Every Xbox One is going to be online. You have to be to get the installation update. What are people going to do? Disconnect their X1s after they do the update. Maybe 1% of users, but everyone else will just stay connected. MS was smart. They will achieve their always online goal by requiring the initial hookup. :)

Every Xbox One is going to be online. You have to be to get the installation update. What are people going to do? Disconnect their X1s after they do the update. Maybe 1% of users, but everyone else will just stay connected. MS was smart. They will achieve their always online goal by requiring the initial hookup. :)

umm...don't know. There was data that out of 78 million X360s sold, only 48million (don't remember th eexact figures) connected online. There are definitely kids who aren't allowed net on their game machines. But,yes. considering MS was okay with mandatory online connectivity, they aren't really after the offline market anyways.

But the game was concieved around being always online, which was guaranteed with original X1 philosophy. Now its just like being an online game on any other console. Lets say like GTAV online right now.

I always wondered, instead of MS enforcing that "always connected" policy, they should have given the developers the option on allowing that feature. In other words, the game would not load/boot/start/install/play without internet connectivity. So it falls back on the consumer, not MS, if they choose these types of games.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/63422/insomnia...erdrive-ratchet-could-end-up-on-xbox-one-day/

Some news.

Much of that online only philosophy has been dropped, so they won't get the guaranteed connection any more. But of course, most next gen games are already online dependent in one form or another, on both consoles.
So, its the FUSE engine. So, like ND, they are also adding to the same engine, instead of writing a new one from scratch.
I mentioned Ratchet months ago and they also say something about it. It's not a faulty logic that Ratchet will never run on a non PS console just like Sunset Overdrive isn't going to run on another console that isn't the Xbox One.

I'd like to see more of this. I'm not that into it because I still don't know what 'it' is. Some gameplay footage would be good!

We visited Insomniac HQ in Burbank, California to be the first media in the world to play Sunset Overdrive as the studio explained how it intends to put the fun back into shooters – the game brings to mind Tony Hawk, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Prince Of Persia and the blue skies and bright colours of the Dreamcast era.

The Edge:

http://i.imgur.com/Iwt4eHw.jpg

First Sunset Overdrive Screens/Video and Preview (Xbox One)

SunsetOverdrive_online_roman_candle.jpg

SunsetOverdrive_herker.jpg

Sunset_Overdrive_forall_SunsetCity.jpg

SunsetOverdrive_Captain_Ahab.jpg

Sunset_Overdrive_Herker_2.jpg

5.jpg

Video: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Previews:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05...somepocalypse?abthid=536b800b70fa794759000002

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/games-sunset-overdrive-preview

•According to Insomniac they’ve finally begun to understand what they love the most, and that reflects in the tone of the game.
•Sunset Overdrive mixes platforming and shooting, and places equal weight on both skills. Insomniac has never made guns this powerful. You can take out five enemies with one shot. The guns in the game play completely different from each other.
•You’ll have to accumulate “style” before you fight some of the harder bosses. Some bosses won’t even notice you’re shooting at them if you’re at style level one or two.
•Players are rewarded for playing fast and hard and not stopping. If you stop your style meter drops: “getting in there, mixing it up and mantaining that velocity is your aim.”
•The island’s boss is a Fizzco balloon named Fizzle. The fight is “On rails,” but not in the way we usually think. The rails are coils wrapped around the tower you can grind on. Fizzle’s weak spots are spring-loaded drums above the city’s rooftops, and you’ll have to leap back and forth between them and the rails while avoiding fire and without ever stopping.
•The player can ride the city’s telephone cables from above or below, changing with a tap of X to avoid low bridges or enemy fire.
•Little Tokyo’s Japanese-inspired architecture involves lots of short wall runs and oddly angled buildings.
•The world transforms at night, and so does the way the game plays. Sunset Overdrive promises to offer new ways to to deal with the night both alone and with friends.
•In the last generation players have been trained to seek cover and wait combat out. Sunset Overdrive asks players “to think differently, use a different toolset and push forward.” Players are rewarded for jumping over the cover and take the initiative.
•Attack is the new defense and wall running is the new cover.
•Microsoft told Insomniac “We want Insomniac to be Insomniac” and allowed the developer to own the intellectual property, which is very important for the developer.
•They’re trying to make a really great arcade game that is really fun to play regardless of how long you play.
•Xbox One owners will be involved with the decisions that will shape the game post-release.
•The developer is looking at Sunset Overdrive as the first of a series and want to build it into something bigger, “a real franchise.”
•Everything was born from a lunch conversation a few years ago. It was never meant to be a real game at that time, but in the end they made it.

The game looks like it's going to be a blast, hopefully more varied enemies than currently showed. Great color palette, frame-rate looks stable, no screen tearing, and IQ seems good. The only negative, is that the monsters mesh (polygon count), and textures looks very low. Other than that, a fun looking game.

Art style not for me for sure.

Interesting they show this now, it was one of the big reveals I was expecting for e3. Granted they'll just show more/different levels etc.

The video clips look interesting. I think it'll hinge on how frantic they can keep the game, and how interesting the weapons are. The video didn't seem to show a lot of enemies running around, and if they're just cannon fodder it could get boring fast. I'm assuming there's a long way to go before it's ready.

Back