Xbox Showcase 2023 (June 11th)

Summary of what was shown as well as what will be part of the Extended Showcase on Wednesday from the Xbox news post.

For the first time ever, today saw not just one, but two enormous showcases from Xbox and Bethesda, revealing a line-up of our most ambitious games ever. In Xbox Games Showcase 2023, we showed off the future of our platforms – from console, to PC, and beyond – and brought you the games you’ve been asking most to see more of, with definitively next-gen titles in the form of Starfield, Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II, Forza Motorsport (which we announced will arrive on October 10), Avowed and more.

That’s not all for Xbox, however. Join us on Tuesday, June 13 at 10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern / 6pm UK for Xbox Games Showcase Extended. The event will offer deeper dives into what you saw from Avowed, Towerborne, Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II, The Elder Scrolls Online: Necrom, and Microsoft Flight Simulator – Dune Expansion, as well as games from our creative partners that we didn’t show you today. We’ll have in-depth interviews, behind-the-scenes features, gameplay walkthroughs with brand new footage, and more! And you may even see some very special guests show up, perhaps even one celebrity…

Good show. Finally Microsoft shows some good software. Fable and Forza in particular looked good in terms of what I believe represents the real visual output. No idea what the Hellblade footage represents. Is it gameplay, cinematics or just in engine footage? Clockwork also looks good. I'm unclear on exactly what the scale of Starfield is going to be so I'm withholding judgment.

Last edited:
It seems like MOJO got renamed to be the Sea of Thieves: The Legend of Monkey Island.

Join Game Director Todd Howard and the Starfield development team as they dive deep into the first new universe from Bethesda Game Studios in over 25 years. Starfield launches exclusively on Xbox Series X|S and PC on September 6, 2023. Play it day one with Xbox Game Pass.

This is better than Sony but a bit disppointed by the amount of gameplay. I think the Fable and Hellblade 2 trailers aren't good because of this. Starfield is great.

This showcase has more interesting games announced and in more numbers. But the majority are actually multiplatform, the majority of exclusive games were already announced years ago (even during Series' first reveal) and still didnt show gameplay of some of their biggest titles like Hellblade, years after their announcement trailers. To be honest, they mostly had more new third party titles announced at the XBOX showcase compared to Playstation's with a few extra exlusives thrown in the mix.
The Starfield trailer was awesome though.

Where are you 'hearing' that? :/

Series S is already supposed to basically be a large loss leader for Xbox, so dropping price another $70 seems pretty rough. A disc-less XSX could make some sense, but at $400 I think it really does require that Series S discount, or else the difference between a $300 Series S and $400 Series X makes the Series X a no-brainer choice.

I think it might make more sense for Series S to increase to 1TB storage as the new default spec at the same current price. Improves on a console that is still selling well, without having to take further drastic hits on margins for little benefit in sales. Storage is super cheap right now.
So I was closer than that other 'rumor' about a $70 reduction, but still wrong in that I always underestimate corporate greed.

A $50 bump for 500GB more storage is a total joke when they could easily sell the current model for the same price with 1TB and still likely make more money on it than they did at launch.

The worst part is the comparison to PS4 Digital, though. $350 for a highly underpowered Series S or $400 for a full blown PS5? You'd have to be a fool to go with Series S unless you're just a desperate fan of some Xbox franchise entry.

So I was closer than that other 'rumor' about a $70 reduction, but still wrong in that I always underestimate corporate greed.

A $50 bump for 500GB more storage is a total joke when they could easily sell the current model for the same price with 1TB and still likely make more money on it than they did at launch.

The worst part is the comparison to PS4 Digital, though. $350 for a highly underpowered Series S or $400 for a full blown PS5? You'd have to be a fool to go with Series S unless you're just a desperate fan of some Xbox franchise entry.

PS5 digital is a bit difficult to find sometimes. The main model is the PS5 standard. The trouble will be when Sony will launch the PS5 with optional BR player.

Avowed looks amazing , starfield is amazing. New flight simulator , hell blade looks great. Was a really strong show.

This year for MS was stacked. Hi-Fi rush , age of empires , mine craft legends , forza and starfield. Even with redfall missing they still have a good slate of titles. Looks like next year is Hellblade, Avowed, Flight Simulator 2024 and perhaps more.

That Series S announcement is interesting in a few ways. First being it rules out any slim Series S coming this year. Second it presumably also rules out a slim Series X this year too..otherwise why not show it off here as well?

Third, I am skeptical Microsoft would release a $350 Series S if they didn't know something about the upcoming pricing of the PS5 Slim. Maybe there won't be a $400 PS5 option available??

That Series S announcement is interesting in a few ways. First being it rules out any slim Series S coming this year. Second it presumably also rules out a slim Series X this year too..otherwise why not show it off here as well?

Third, I am skeptical Microsoft would release a $350 Series S if they didn't know something about the upcoming pricing of the PS5 Slim. Maybe there won't be a $400 PS5 option available??
Series S 1TB may be there to steer more people to the series s 512 gig this holiday esp if there are more $200-250 sales this year or it does get a price reduction.

PS5 could end up with a price increase even with a slim edition or there might not be a slim edition and only a price increase this year. Perhaps slim ps5 is the end of next year

good conference. I think this is their best one in a while.

So series s launched at $299. And the 1TB is now $349?

What is the price of Series S on sale?

good conference. I think this is their best one in a while.

So series s launched at $299. And the 1TB is now $349?

What is the price of Series S on sale?

It's $240 for Series S at BestBuy right now for today. Deal had a 1 day countdown expiration on it.

It's $240 for Series S at BestBuy right now for today. Deal had a 1 day countdown expiration on it.
I mean, so that’s about $60 off from its regular price point otherwise it’s $299. So there hasn’t been an official price reduction maybe not for a while

Back