Microsoft / Xbox Developer_Direct [2023-01-25]

I did like the style of this event. It's not a criticism of what they showed, but I wouldn't be excited by the prospect of paying £70 for any of these titles. I bounce off Arkane titles and racers are something I dip into occasionally. Legends and Hi-Fi Rush look like they might be fun. Not a £70 * gamble on a fun time though.

Hurray for Gamepass etc. Add excitement back into events like this when you don't have to do anything to play the games shown

*well, £27 in the case of Hifi Rush

Last edited:
Hifi rush looks fresh funny and I want to play it, and is from Microsoft?. It really happened? Microsoft is allowed to do something funny? Are we sure that Sony approved it, or are they going to have other problems with ftc?
fun game yes, at least the time I've been playing, it also supports XeSS and could keep a great framerate playing it. It also supports TSR from Unreal

That's a nice feat considering that is by revenue and the game is only $30.

Sure that MS is not dipping into the 70B they plan to spend on ABK to propup the sales? I mean who knows when/if that will go through :D Or maybe Sony is buying those games, to show that MS is a big competitor :p

Where are all the resources Microsoft has allegedly been investing into 1st party development going? Outside of Forza everything was meh. Dedicating an entire section to Elder Scrolls online?

Where are all the resources Microsoft has allegedly been investing into 1st party development going? Outside of Forza everything was meh. Dedicating an entire section to Elder Scrolls online?
Yeah they didnt announce much in terms of what has been announced before. It is more like an update on the announcements already made.

Just came across this. It is not 100% confirmed.

I wouldn't trust a single thing they say because it is verifiable false info they claim about Azure losing money. Check the financial reports.

Server products and cloud services revenue increased 20% (up 26% in constant currency) driven by Azure and other cloud services revenue growth of 31% (up 38% in constant currency

Last edited:
I wouldn't trust a single thing they say because it is verifiable false info they claim about Azure losing money. Check the financial reports.

NM

Thats revenue though. You can have increased revenue and still have net loss
Stockholders would not accept losses on Azure. The CEO would be fired on the spot if it was not profitable.

ESO released a big expansion every year around June apparently. For those that play it, and there plenty of people who do, I guess the start of the year announcement is a big deal.

As for the rest, I'd disagree strongly with you meh view, especially given how much fun HiFi Rush has turned out to be.

ESO released a big expansion every year around June apparently. For those that play it, and there plenty of people who do, I guess the start of the year announcement is a big deal.

As for the rest, I'd disagree strongly with you meh view, especially given how much fun HiFi Rush has turned out to be.
HiFi Rush could definitely be a good game, but it’s not very exciting. I want to see titles that push the hardware/offer a level of production and polish only afforded by 1st party titles. Outside of Forza everything still looks like an Xbox One game in higher resolution.

HiFi Rush could definitely be a good game, but it’s not very exciting. I want to see titles that push the hardware/offer a level of production and polish only afforded by 1st party titles. Outside of Forza everything still looks like an Xbox One game in higher resolution.

Ah, i see. Not sure what you expected from this event, since Hifi aside we've seen these games before.

Idtech, NT and The Coalition will deliver something 'first party worthy' eventually.

Tbh, I'd be happier with more HiFi Rush stuff than AAAA+. It's bags of fun and well worth anyone's time.

Back