All purpose Sales and Sales Rumors and Anecdotes [2016 Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, i can definitely see Ps4 surpassing 100m this gen. Really good numbers for Sony.

Another interesting stat, between Nov22 and Jan3, PS4 users purchased 35M of software.

[BTW, what's the latest LTD software count for WiiU? :D]

Shamelessly stollen and fudged by me with XBO as estimate (it's probably totally wrong)

chart removed!

Last edited:
PS4 must be pretty close to 2x the Xbox One numbers by now?

Shamelessly stollen and fudged by me with XBO as estimate (it's probably totally wrong)
You probably want to edit that image to wherever it is hosted and make to clear it's not from ZhugeEx otherwise it's going to get indexed and appear in search results and look like his numbers. Your post will never get linked.

So if EA/UBI statements hold true (52-53 million PS4/XB1 combined by years end - 2015), that would put XB1 at 16.1-17.1 million units sold-through worldwide. Which is very low...

So, combined sales have to be closer to 54-56 million units, on making some type of sense that XB1 sales are above XB360 during the same period.

If those statements are true then the PS4 has surpassed 2x the Xbox One's sales. Not sure about all of this though, we appear to have conflicting reports.

Edit: or another way to look at this; the PS4 has sold about the same as the Xbox 360 and Xbox One combined in the same period of time. That's insane.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if EA/UBI statements hold true (52-53 million PS4/XB1 combined by years end - 2015), that would put XB1 at 16.1-17.1 million units sold-through worldwide. Which is very low...

So, combined sales have to be closer to 54-56 million units, on making some type of sense that XB1 sales are above XB360 during the same period.

Shipped number of 360 was 17,7 millions end of 2007.

It is sold through unit. I think the number of Xb1 is probably the number you give maybe they shipped 19/20m Xb1....

Last edited:
If those statements are true then the PS4 has surpassed 2x the Xbox One's sales. Not sure about all of this though, we appear to have conflicting reports.

Edit: or another way to look at this; the PS4 has sold about the same as the Xbox 360 and Xbox One combined in the same period of time. That's insane.

Ubi and EA prediction were 52/53 millions of PS4 and Xb1 combined end of of 2015...

And they just said they sold more Xbox One than 360 for the same . End of 2007 it was 17,7 millions of 360 shipped and less 360 sold through... It is not going against the UBI and EA prediction at all...

If the number of Xbone One is between 16,1 millions and 17,1 millions end of 2015. Sony sold more PS4 in 2015 than MS sold Xbox One since November 2013...

And this was with Halo 5 launching (and the TR "exclusivity"). It only gets more painful for MS from here.

Sony have momentum, but MS have inertia.

PS4 2015 is a LTD for xbox one it seems :LOL:

Weird isn't it?!

Even when you give MS the benefit of the doubt, that XB1 LTD is 19-20 million. It still looks pretty bad when your competitor sold 17.4 million units in one year, almost matching your lifetime sales.

Weird isn't it?!

Even when you give MS the benefit of the doubt, that XB1 LTD is 19-20 million. It still looks pretty bad when your competitor sold 17.4 million units in one year, almost matching your lifetime sales.

And "your lifetime sales"=you've been on the market 2 years (ok, three holidays to be fair)?

Sorry I couldn't help it...but yeah it's about 2:1 right? Why are people still expressing surprise at that?

More interesting to me as always is the ratio, PS4 will be around 12 million in the states so Worldwide:USA is about 3:1, about the same as PS3. You could play around with shipped vs sold with that, but overall these things appear pretty consistent.

The difference of course is PS4 is selling much better in the states (ahead of Xbox this time, where last time it was no contest) while maintaining 3+:1.

Anyways third year is supposed to be the highest year of sales in a given console gen I guess. So do we expect PS4 to decline in 2016, hold steady, or rise?

It doesn't "feel" to me at all like these consoles have peaked especially as $299 is ahead, but I guess my feelings dont really matter...at some point I guess market saturation regardless of price is a thing.

Here's another thought, 360 is the best selling console of all time in the USA, nudging out the Wii at the end of last gen, over 40 million. Can PS4 beat that?

Well I already track One vs 360 and One is 24% ahead so far, PS4 is ahead of One (though not by a huge amount) so so far it's tracking well ahead. 360 had that strong late gen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back