Monday, 15th June
  • Microsoft - 11.30am PST (7.30pm UK)
  • EA - 1pm PST (9pm)
  • Ubisoft - 3pm PST (11pm)
  • Sony - TBA (usually 2am UK start)
Tuesday, 16th June
  • Square Enix - 9am PST (5pm UK)
  • Nintendo - 9am PST (5pm UK)

Sony is still TBA, but are they confirmed to be last on the 15th?
This could be awkward for them depending on what I expect MS will reveal earlier.

4 weeks to E3... by this time we usually have lots of rumors and leaks. So my prediction is that nothing will happen at E3 and nothing will be announced.:runaway:

Sony is still TBA, but are they confirmed to be last on the 15th?
This could be awkward for them depending on what I expect MS will reveal earlier.

Sony should not change their timings, no matter what happens before them. They were last every year, why should this year require of them to change anything? Few hours of difference between them and other conferences mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
Sony should not change their timings, no matter what happens before them.
No, but they might have to readjust their bragging.

At the 2013 E3, Sony also came after MS, but Mattrick did everything necessary for Sony to look really good after them. If MS had announced all their 180s at their conference instead of weeks later (online-DRM, anti-used-games, region lock, forced kinect connection, kinect bundling, 499) the Sony conference would have been dramatically less potent.

I'm not saying they should be all reactive to MS conference, but if Sony planned to brag about "the only console VR" and put too much emphasis on it, and MS announce VR plans just before them, they'll have to scramble and change their text. It's possible they have multiple options planned, or don't plan to brag too much. Another poker play I guess.

Also, I miss Jack Tretton.

Sony should not change their timings, no matter what happens before them. They were last every year, why should this year require of them to change anything? Few hours of difference between them and other conferences mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.
No other conferences drag on for 2+ hours! :runaway: I know gaming is a big thing for Sony but I really don't think E3 is the time to do the traditional investor call thing. The only conferences I'll be watching live will be Microsoft and Nintendo. Bethesda and Sony are in the middle of the morning in the UK and I don't care about the rest. I'm very interested to see what Microsoft will show this year and Nintendo is just morbid curiosity.

Baaah... You can make any boring conference interesting with a drinking game.

My Sony drinking word is "Experience"
MS will be "Cloud"
Nintendo's word will be "Mario"

Tell me the Nintendo conference can't be fun.

Nintendo does not have a conference, they will have a a pre-recorded Nintendo Direct video that will focus only on 2015. Boy, that will be fun.....

edit - MrFox, I don't get it. Why do you think Sony has to "react" to what MS says? They need to show games, and promote few other stuff so that they could prove to their audience that PlayStation has a a good future ahead. If few words need to be tweaked here and there, why would that represent a big thing for you?

As for VR, they need to say "here is quick overview of 5-10 games/experiences that can be played on showfloor. In Paris we will show 5-10 more, on TGS 5-10 more, and on PSX not only more VR software, but also price/availability info". Done. That way most of E3 will remain focused on traditional games, and they will plant the seed for the big future marketing campaign.

Last edited:
edit - MrFox, I don't get it. Why do you think Sony has to "react" to what MS says? They need to show games, and promote few other stuff so that they could prove to their audience that PlayStation has a a good future ahead. If few words need to be tweaked here and there, why would that represent a big thing for you?
It's not a big thing, I'm just thinking if MS doesn't announce VR at E3, it's a good thing for Sony to put a lot of emphasis on it because differentiating factors are important. OTOH if MS does, it becomes simply a multi-platform component that doesn't need nearly the same exposure.

Well I guess they haven't said enough about their first parties current projects, it's time for game reveals.

MS will be "Cloud"

Xbox conferences comes with a bang. Can you believe it? :oops::unsure:

"See the greatest games line-up in Xbox history."

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/e3

Whatever, this E3 could help undecided people to get a console based on the games they see.

Last edited:

MS will be "Cloud"

Bullshit bingo? I've a few suggestions:

Sony:
- customers
- million
- record breaking
- statistics
- Uncharted
- VR
- experience

Microsoft:
- balanced
- shipped