E3 Predictions 2015

• Thread starter Deleted member 86764
  • Start date
The Last Guardian was always meant to be a VR experience, hence the long delays. It's specifically been designed for the Morpheus 4 - or Fourpheus, or 4pheus, successor of the MorThreeus, or Mor3us. I can go on all day - slated to be released in November 2035.
You mean Mor2eus is no longer on the way?

And Microsoft tend to only show games that are released in the year of E3, though I imagine they'd have to show Gears if it was planned for early 2016. I personally would love to see a new Gears. Especially if it was a bit more survivaly.

Epic must be up to something. Their new F2P Unreal Tournament must come out for the XOPS.

Fortnite maybe, I thought they were clear that UT was PC only?

Space Engineers needs a release date.

Conker rushed out by Frontier is going to be my hypothetical. Next to Rare they do fur best.

Also for the MS show the audience will sit in a giant hololens and Phil will just stream the show from his house. He said he wanted to do something different.

I'd like to see more of The Assembly.

I completely forgot about it. I guess this is a Morpheus game.

bump
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/04/20/microsoft-will-show-off-a-new-exclusive-ip-at-e3-2015

Microsoft plans to show off a new exclusive intellectual property during E3 2015, according to tweets by Xbox head Phil Spencer.

“We should have new exclusive IP at E3,” Spencer tweeted. “I'm trying to make this E3 more about 1st party than past E3s."

“This is going to be a fun year,” he added. “I think it might be our best 1st party content year ever.”

Last October, Spencer revealed that Microsoft’s development studios is working on a new IP that isn’t a “another military space marine game” or racing title. Microsoft is expected to show off more Scalebound, the action-adventure game from developer Platinum Games and game director Hideki Kamiya, during E3 2015 this year.

Both Nintendo and Sony have possible hardware announcements to make at this year’s E3, so I feel that puts them both in a good position to have lots of good publicity.

Sony have suggested in the past that Morpheus is expected to drop in early 2016, but that doesn’t make a hell of a lot of sense to me, most of the buying public will be low on funds after Christmas and the beginning of the year is never a good time for a game/hardware release. So based off of this, I expect Morpheus will actually be announced for ‘holiday’ 2015, so it gives a nice surprise to those expecting it later. I also think that several games will be shown at their conference as VR compatible (No Man’s Sky, next Guerrilla Games title, London Heist, Project Cars compatibility, Gran Turismo, etc.) I also don’t understand the difference a couple of months will make if they’re able increase sales substantially by releasing earlier.

I’d expect at least a little tease on Nintendo’s new hardware device(s) if they’re even attending the conference. The hardware will be completely in line with everyone’s expectations; approximate power of the PSXbone4.

Maybe Microsoft might suggest compatibility between Xbox One and the Hololens, only the latter can work independently of Xbox, so I’m not completely sure on what the console can add to the device. Possible Hololens game specific announcements? Doesn’t seem to likely considering Microsoft tend not to announce games at E3 that are too far on the horizon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rare are going to show a new IP at E3 this year.

Hy09XAC.jpg

xC66jzk.jpg

f7w8Q0J.jpg

After E3 there will be more news on the game, that could spread out to Colonia's Gamescom.

95sHsGg.jpg

It's a new IP and it doesn't use Kinect.

XEGtil2.jpg

Rare go...!

https://twitter.com/SimonSorcerer?protected_redirect=true

Any more Wuu titles announced at all this year...? Life support for the console won't extend into 2017, so it would have to be digital download only titles pretty much, small games that don't take too much in the way of resources; Captain Toad 2 maybe, or something along those lines.

Any more Wuu titles announced at all this year...? Life support for the console won't extend into 2017, so it would have to be digital download only titles pretty much, small games that don't take too much in the way of resources; Captain Toad 2 maybe, or something along those lines.
I have been on the verge of buying a Wii U for about a year. If Nintendo announced a new Metroid Prime at E3 it would make me pull the trigger. I know it probably isn't going to happen.

I have been on the verge of buying a Wii U for about a year. If Nintendo announced a new Metroid Prime at E3 it would make me pull the trigger. I know it probably isn't going to happen.

Even if they announce a Metroid Prime title, it would be a 2016 title at the earliest, Perhaps 2017 considering Zelda is pushed to 2016. No?

I think Nintendo will announce some more games for 2015. They have too as they have only have Mario Maker and Wooly World scheduled for the fall. There's Star Fox potentially as well, but they need some other franchise.

I think Nintendo will announce some more games for 2015. They have too as they have only have Mario Maker and Wooly World scheduled for the fall. There's Star Fox potentially as well, but they need some other franchise.

I don't think they have the capabilities, surely if they had talent available they would have put them on Zelda to get it out as scheduled in 2015. There's a matter of pride for them to get their flagship title out on time. Where will Nintendo get all the development talent from to have finished other full games for this year? Surely if they were working on something for 2015 they would have hyped it last year to boost their feeble console sales. Right?

My prediction: There is nothing more from Nintendo for 2015 for WiiU.

Even if they announce a Metroid Prime title, it would be a 2016 title at the earliest, Perhaps 2017 considering Zelda is pushed to 2016. No?
Are you sure about that? I mean, I don't think it is in Nintendo's own interests to launch games on a console whose successor has just been announced. It's a waste of money and it isn't going to increase the life of the console nor its sales by a large margin. If you told me those games will be launched on the NX, then maybe...

I don't think they have the capabilities, surely if they had talent available they would have put them on Zelda to get it out as scheduled in 2015. There's a matter of pride for them to get their flagship title out on time.

Well not really, since last ~5 main Zelda games for home consoles also had their releases delayed.

I think VR will be an important part of E3 this year, that much is clear. I think we'll see a bunch of game announcements and demos that support VR.

I still don't get this whole notion of VR being a big thing.

VR is the nichest of niche technologies, affordable to a miniscule portion of gamers, releasing (maybe in the next few years) on hardware that totally isn't ready to support it (from a business viability POV).

There may well be lots of noises made about VR at E3, but actual tangible content is likely to be between zero and sod all, with a further thimble full of content coming over the next couple of years until the whole concept is shelved and forgotten about. Just like VR was before. Then VR tried again. Then 3D tried. Then Motion control. Now VR is having another shot.

These 'imminent inevitable futures of gaming' keep taking potshots at the Person->Controller->TV paradigm and fail every single time.

I really wish that instead of chasing these dead end technologies, the energy used was put into revolutions that would actually affect gamers. ALL gamers, not the 1% who can afford/care about/physically endure these N-dimensional McGuffins, but everyone who games.

An AI revolution would benefit everyone. Pour millions into new game AI research instead of niche plastic. Produce complex AI middleware. That would elevate gaming as a whole.

Anyway, to bring it back on topic: My E3 prediction for this year is lots of VR promises which will end up being broken, along with backers' hopes, dreams and finances. ;)

There may well be lots of noises made about VR at E3, but actual tangible content is likely to be between zero and sod all, with a further thimble full of content coming over the next couple of years until the whole concept is shelved and forgotten about...I really wish that instead of chasing these dead end technologies, the energy used was put into revolutions that would actually affect gamers.
You contradict yourself. If no-one's investing in VR, there isn't any energy being wasted on it. And if there is lots of energy being 'wasted' on it, we'll have tangible content.

An AI revolution would benefit everyone.
1) Unnecessary when you have online against real intelligence. 2) As per AI discussions on this board, truly awesome AI can actually be a hindrance to fun. Also it can have a limitless processing requirement with arbitrary RAM access patterns. There's a good reason the current AI approximations are used.

Stick advanced AI in a game at E3 and chances are few will notice. Put a VR headset on that same person and place them inside Elite and COD and they'll have an experience unlike anything else. VR is effectively the new cinema, the progression from flat images to a virtual space, as someone else (DSoup IIRC) has mentioned elsewhere. It may be relatively expensive but its an expense that plenty of core gamers are going to be willing to pay, and likely no more expensive than a high end phone. And, for better or worse, it'll make a difference to how people experience games and integrate them into their lives.

VR will be big at E3 is my prediction. It'll take all the headlines because it's the only thing of significant difference to previous years (decades). There'll be lots of content as the VR software pioneers will be vying for that early coverage. Sony's showing will probably be a bit anaemic as I don't think they're quite ready, and MS of course don't have a VR solution as yet - maybe an announcement in their keynote of supporting OVR or something? No-one going to announce an incredible AI engine, and if anyone does, gamers will point to every incredible AI of the past from Black and White through to Elder Scrolls and how it still ends up being crap, and then get excited about walking around on an alien planet and feeling like you're actually there.

I still don't get this whole notion of VR being a big thing.

VR is the nichest of niche technologies, affordable to a miniscule portion of gamers, releasing (maybe in the next few years) on hardware that totally isn't ready to support it (from a business viability POV).

There may well be lots of noises made about VR at E3, but actual tangible content is likely to be between zero and sod all, with a further thimble full of content coming over the next couple of years until the whole concept is shelved and forgotten about. Just like VR was before. Then VR tried again. Then 3D tried. Then Motion control. Now VR is having another shot.

These 'imminent inevitable futures of gaming' keep taking potshots at the Person->Controller->TV paradigm and fail every single time.

I really wish that instead of chasing these dead end technologies, the energy used was put into revolutions that would actually affect gamers. ALL gamers, not the 1% who can afford/care about/physically endure these N-dimensional McGuffins, but everyone who games.

An AI revolution would benefit everyone. Pour millions into new game AI research instead of niche plastic. Produce complex AI middleware. That would elevate gaming as a whole.

Anyway, to bring it back on topic: My E3 prediction for this year is lots of VR promises which will end up being broken, along with backers' hopes, dreams and finances. ;)
There are things that dont get mass appeal until the right time comes that it is executed correctly ;)

You contradict yourself...etc..

Semantic arguments are fun! :)

1) Unnecessary when you have online against real intelligence.

No. A thousand times no.

2) As per AI discussions on this board, truly awesome AI can actually be a hindrance to fun. Also it can have a limitless processing requirement with arbitrary RAM access patterns. There's a good reason the current AI approximations are used.

I do not subscribe to that ideal and find it hard to understand why someone would.

Advanced AI makes a huge tangible difference to games. Halo is in the top tier of games in part because of it's unmatched FPS AI.

Also, smarter AI does not have to equal tougher AI. Smarter AI can just be more realistic or varied in certain behaviours, less glitchy or predictable in others.

Stick advanced AI in a game at E3 and chances are few will notice. Put a VR headset on that same person and place them inside Elite and COD and they'll have an experience unlike anything else.

Sure. Then after E3 the person will go buy the game that plays great due to awesome AI while thinking 'Hey, VR was fun! Maybe I'll look into it in 5 years or so when it's viable, available and doesn't make me barf up my lunch'.

No-one going to announce an incredible AI engine

You are almost certainly correct. Instead of trying to move the medium forward with tangible gameplay benefits people will be peeing their pants for the latest plastic fad instead. It's a truly depressing state of affairs.

Back