Microsoft Xbox Reveal Event - May 21, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
GPU 768 ops per cycle. Did he say over 200GB/s of total bandwidth?

I heard that "over 200gb/s bandwidth", but was zoned out a bit before then to know exactly what they were referring to.

listening to the software engineering that is going into this I do not see how PS4 can have nearly the OS features as this... could be huge to the average users.

That's because they keep talking like they invented multitasking. I can instantly swap between 6 apps on my Vita. PS4 won't be any different. The only unique thing they've shown is the Xbox Snap dual pane view, and that's just putting something that's probably already on your phone on your TV for little to no benefit.

I can totally visualize a kid trying to wrestle the remote control from the grown ups on the XDVR One.

"WATCH TV"
"PLAY GAME"
"WAAAAAAATCH TV!!!!"

Turns into a shouting contest?

interference's source(s), seem to have been pretty spot on. Kudos to you, good sir. Now, have them tell you price; specs on the trigger haptic feedback; and details about Live. :devilish:

768 operations per clock on the GPU (from twitch) so 1.2TF confirmed.

For the ignorant among us, what's the math behind that?

They've also inadvertently confirmed ESRAM, Move Engines and Display Planes.

My interpretation is that games and apps are sandboxed.

A bit complicated software engineering if you ask me, though the overhead of virtualization is not that much these days. As a console needs stability, it ensures that the OS keeps running when a game crashes or screw up. On the other hand, you can do this stuff also at the hardware level (MMU, semaphores etc).

Yeah, that's what operating systems are for. Odd.

Okay, we've HDMI 1.4 in there (4K in/out, 3DS support). How about ARC ? CEC ?

I fear for HDCP disasters btw...

Oh of course, I enjoyed that part.

But what the internet forum warriors want to hear from architecture panel is the raw system specifications.
You're not going to get that. They're talking about overall system and service architecture. Talking raw numbers is not going to play into MS favor, so why would they do it?

Not sure. Fact is Sony is doing a games console with social "crap" (nonsense) and media playback, MS is doing a living room thingie, which also happen to play games.

So don't you see the inherent value difference between the two products?

Sure, the more focused you are on gaming, the less it should matter to you personally.
For example living in Europe and having no patience for live TV I don't give much of a damn about these features in the Xbox one. But trying to deny their value and importance would be foolish.

Reading the live blog on Engadget... shesshh.. are these technical guys ?

They sound like (drilled / scripted / brainwashed) m-architects ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back