God of War Collection – Blu-ray Disc Compilation

I have both of them too.

For $40, it needs to have added content as well as improved graphics, resolution and framerate for me to purchase them. Ironically, that's what I paid for GOW and GOWII at Walmart.

hey me too:smile: ah wth another $40 wont kill me. and at least i get my hands on gow3 demo early

I can't wait for screens to hit so we can point and laugh at all the folks who said God of War 3 looked like an 'upscaled God of War 2".

I can't wait for screens to hit so we can point and laugh at all the folks who said God of War 3 looked like an 'upscaled God of War 2".

Early screens of GoW 3 didn't look that good but the latest batch has definitely shown graphical improvement and im very happy for that.GoW3 is going to be a kickass game and I can't wait to play it.Heck, 2010 for multi-platform owners is going to be incredible with Halo Reach, God of War 3, Last Guardian, Splinter Cell Conviction, etc...... :D:D:D:D:D

WOOT! I knew it, it only makes sense to include the demo for the extra spice although I'll have to import it for the matter.

hey me too:smile: ah wth another $40 wont kill me. and at least i get my hands on gow3 demo early

Unfortunately, I have too many games on my wish list to be able to just settle for small improvements if any...especially for gmaes I already own. It's one of the reasons I'm on the fence for NGS2.

Games on my list of the top of my head includ GOWIII, Bayonetta, Halo ODST, Forza 3, COD MW2, Batman AA, etc.

I'd totally get get this combo pack if it has enough enhancements/additions.

Unfortunately, I have too many games on my wish list to be able to just settle for small improvements if any...especially for gmaes I already own. It's one of the reasons I'm on the fence for NGS2.

Games on my list of the top of my head includ GOWIII, Bayonetta, Halo ODST, Forza 3, COD MW2, Batman AA, etc.

I'd totally get get this combo pack if it has enough enhancements/additions.
ditto.

personally i'm still peeved that they did so much posturing about how 360 'doesnt have real backwards compatibility'. and that BC is part of what makes a PS a PS. then totally ditch it, try to appease people w/ rumors it will come back w/ software (which ironically is how the 360 did it, that they were criticizing).

and now this, trying to resell games to people who already bought them. how long until they start doing the same w/ the rest of their PS2 library, selling them on PSN..

p.s. i'm def not buying NG2 again. only thing i see better is the lighting, and the lack of blood is a bigger neg than the improved lighting is a pos, imo.

and now this, trying to resell games to people who already bought them. how long until they start doing the same w/ the rest of their PS2 library, selling them on PSN..

Excuse me, I don't have a God of War game at all. They may do this for new customers you know. ^_^

If you feel the goods is not worth your money, stay away. But give me a chance to see it on the PS3 when I feel like it.

Excuse me, I don't have a God of War game at all. They may do this for new customers you know. ^_^

If you feel the goods is not worth your money, stay away. But give me a chance to see it on the PS3 when I feel like it.

My guess is that he's grumbling about the fact that PS2 backwards compatibility is no longer a feature with the PS3. Rather than port everything in the PS2 library to the PS3, he'd rather be able to re-use his existing discs, or just have them re-issue the same disc, etc.

The fact that you can guy a PS2 for about the cost of two titles (100 USD) and just have that connected for those nostalgic plays seems sufficient to me. I believe Microsoft have stopped updating the backwards compatibility software as well. It's basically a done deal on all the consoles. Seems the Wii is the most backwards compatible of this generation.

Aye, his post has at least 3 different points: Complain about loss of B/C, reselling games to people who have bought GoW, and personal NG2 preferences. I'm just replying to the second point, which is on-topic but not quite accurate from my point of view. :)

Well it doesn't have to be one or the other. Take MS's model for example. You could pop in your old xbox Fable disc if you originally bought it and play it. Or if you didn't buy it, you could buy it on live & play it.

BC doesn't preclude selling older games.

Yeah, lack of B/C on PS3 sucks. I don't think Sony is forcing you to buy God of War Collection though. The GoW collection is ported. We may see some improvements to the game when run on PS3.

You'll have to buy a PS2 to play PS2 games. Sony sacrifized B/C to save money. Some of the savings probably allowed Sony to be more aggressive in pushing out PS3 Slim at its current price.

Yeah, lack of B/C on PS3 sucks. I don't think Sony is forcing you to buy God of War Collection though. The GoW collection is ported. We may see some improvements to the game when run on PS3.

You'll have to buy a PS2 to play PS2 games. Sony sacrifized B/C to save money. Some of the savings probably allowed Sony to be more aggressive in pushing out PS3 Slim at its current price.

We may? They're rendered in 720p at 60fps with 2xAA and trophies. No maybe about it.

Well okay hurrah !

I can only vaguely remember the developers were a little shy about the improvements. So 720p 60fps 2xAA it is.

that's nice and all for the people who buy the BD but what about all the people (me in particular:D) who already bought the ps2 version of BOTH games?
Sell them while they're still worth something.

I'm not averse to double dipping. I did the same with RE4 and the Metroid Prime games. Letting go of your "collection" is the hard part.

Definitely not a day one purchase for me as the gameplay and story was the most important parts of the first two games for me. Still, it was one of the games that I was adamant to have BC with when I bought my PS3.

I almost bought a PSP for the portable GOW game alone. If they included the PSP version, I am definitely in at launch since I haven't play it yet.

Someone call Sony....patsu?

Back