Horizon Zero Dawn [PS4, PC]

Their having FW bundled with PS5's, increasing game sales. The next project is probably light years away though. Theres call of the mountain but thats exclusive to PSVR2 users.

I feel that this is like a compensation for the slow adoption of consoles due to limited supply. Spending millions to make a new AAA game without having peak sales to guarantee proper software sell through, they rely on remakes and remasters to absorb revenue to support future titles when the use base is there.
Cant say I like it as a gamer waiting for new games to play. But businesses follow the way to money

This just simply makes them look bad. I wonder if they're just keeping people busy and contracted until the next project is ready to start production?
It could be a task to get a new team acclimatised to the Decima engine. Not every team is going to be a creative powerhouse, it's far less daunting to remaster an existing game where all the creative and balance issues have been explored and where you're largely looking at technical factors.

It could be a task to get a new team acclimatised to the Decima engine. Not every team is going to be a creative powerhouse, it's far less daunting to remaster an existing game where all the creative and balance issues have been explored and where you're largely looking at technical factors.
This event could easily be construed as a positive ...

The fact that they're able to easily outsource these projects means that their studios generally have very good software development practices. Even if there is crunch going on they don't let it affect their code quality too much since they can obviously see past beyond just getting their original project going gold ...

Back