God of War Collection – Blu-ray Disc Compilation

I just wondered: why is the collection not 1080p instead of 720p? Or, why is it only 2xAA and not 4xAA? Are there any technical reasons for this?

I just wondered: why is the collection not 1080p instead of 720p? Or, why is it only 2xAA and not 4xAA? Are there any technical reasons for this?
The PS2 has ~2x the raw bandwidth for framebuffer effects.
The PS3 makes more efficient use of the bandwidth, but its quite possible it would be a bottleneck if you up the resolution to 1080p (~6.7 times the pixels from 480p, half the bandwith = 1/13 the bandwidth per pixel compared to PS2).

So IGN gives it good review but the comparison shots don't make it look that much better.

Anyone got it yet?

So IGN gives it good review but the comparison shots don't make it look that much better.

Anyone got it yet?

True, because the assets haven't been touched at all. However, as was the case with the enhanced mode in GOWII, texture details will pop up more. More importantly, 2X MSAA and the stable frame rate makes it a worthy purchase for fans.

I checked my order and apparently Gamestop isn't getting them until tomorrow.

Picked this up today before NFL games started. Played up to the Hydra in GOW1. Pleasantly surprised thus far. I'm not very good at combo, or combo style games, but it satisfies my button mashing thus far. Looks barely worse than Conan this gen. I've never played any of the series, so this is my first foray into GOW.

I also used a $20 gift card so for $20, this is a steal as far as I'm concerned.

Picked this up today before NFL games started. Played up to the Hydra in GOW1. Pleasantly surprised thus far. I'm not very good at combo, or combo style games, but it satisfies my button mashing thus far. Looks barely worse than Conan this gen. I've never played any of the series, so this is my first foray into GOW.

I also used a $20 gift card so for $20, this is a steal as far as I'm concerned.

If you think GoW looks slightly worse than Conan, then GoWII is going to blow you away.

If you think GoW looks slightly worse than Conan, then GoWII is going to blow you away.

I'm looking forward to it!!

I like the mild platforming elements. Camera view gets tough occasionally. I'm tired of balancing on boards. Combat is very very entertaining. I do still notice some slow down occasionally.

They didn't redo the ingame (not prerendered) cutscenes with the new engine, they just recorded them as movie files. So when those kick in, you really see how bad ps2 graphics are on a large tv.

They didn't redo the ingame (not prerendered) cutscenes with the new engine, they just recorded them as movie files. So when those kick in, you really see how bad ps2 graphics are on a large tv.

That's for sure.

I forgot that you get a download code for the GOW3 demo. Downloading that now.

It's an action game :p you mean there's a story? If so I'm impressed. Not trying to be funny here... just I wouldn't really go back and play DMC1 or NG1 for the story any time soon :p

You'll be pleasantly surprised with the GoW story if you're expecting NG/DMC caliber story. It's not oscar worthy, but it's certainly better than the average action game.

Back