God of War III Remastered [PS4]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
I see, which still works great for 1080p res. Pre recorded video looks very rough in comparison since they just upscale the original 720p source.
Yeah, it's not too bad from what I can tell, although it pretty much gets obliterated by the bloom lighting.

Maybe the only real downside is the lack of AF.

Guess I was surprised they couldn't afford a decent post-AA solution to go along with it, but on the upside, the image is as clear as can be (aside from the original post-processing).

I kind of wonder how much headroom they have for performance - would have been pretty cool to see dynamic super sampling for the non-action moments.

I'm just going through this again - LOVE IT. Still one of the best games ever in my book. I'm really shocked how wrong they went with Ascensions after the gem GoW3 is.

Anyway - one of the flaws of GoW3 for PS3 is also a flaw in GoW3:R - that being; when you die multiple times at the same battle, the game randomly pops up a question at the "restart from checkpoint"-window if you'd like to "lower the difficulty setting". It's a great idea, but the execution is rather annoying in that I already twice nearly selected "yes" in my attempt of getting back to the game as quickly as possible.

The 3rd time it happened, it happened so quick and unexpected that I fear I might have actually accidentally selected "yes" and there seems to be no fricking way of figuring out if it did actually lower the difficulty setting. Since I'm playing it on Hard (Titan), it's essential for me to keep playing it at this difficulty setting to unlock the hardest setting (yes, I've already completed it on this mode back on the PS3). Is there any way to figure out if I accidentally lowered it or shall I just keep playing? I'm about 1.5 hours in (progressing to Hades) and I'd be quite annoyed if I play it through only to realize that I stuffed up with the setting.

For what it's worth, the question if I want to lower the difficulty to [easy] still randomly pops up. Is this a good sign? (I don't think it ever asks you if you want to set it to [Normal] mode or something, even when playing it on Titan mode? Any ideas?

For what it's worth, the question if I want to lower the difficulty to [easy] still randomly pops up. Is this a good sign? (I don't think it ever asks you if you want to set it to [Normal] mode or something, even when playing it on Titan mode? Any ideas?
Suck less? ;)

The 3rd time it happened, it happened so quick and unexpected that I fear I might have actually accidentally selected "yes" and there seems to be no fricking way of figuring out if it did actually lower the difficulty setting. Since I'm playing it on Hard (Titan), it's essential for me to keep playing it at this difficulty setting to unlock the hardest setting (yes, I've already completed it on this mode back on the PS3). Is there any way to figure out if I accidentally lowered it or shall I just keep playing? I'm about 1.5 hours in (progressing to Hades) and I'd be quite annoyed if I play it through only to realize that I stuffed up with the setting.
I am not sure, but did the safe game not show the used difficulty setting?

Suck less? ;)

LOL. No it wasn't meant like that. :p

The sentence was supposed to read "if the *window with the question to continue playing on [easy]* still pops up after dying - if that is a good sign that I did not accidentally already lower the difficulty setting".

I didn't mean to imply that I was actually going to lower the difficulty. I have already completed it on Titan on the PS3, but don't want to do the same on the PS4 and then realize that at some point I accidentally changed it while mashing the buttons in frustration. :D

PS: The game-save? Good suggestion. I didn't see anything - no mention if it's a save to an easy, normal or titan save-file. :S

Back