Killzone 2 pre-release discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They haven't increased the AA so I guess it been achieved with clever post processing and lighting to hid some of the worst aliased parts.

Looks like they may have reworked some models too as the aliasing on the left isn't actually on the edge of the model but near the edge. Trying to convince myself they were going for the welded metal edge look with the preview code as that's what it looks like.

I'm talking specifically about the control box in both of those pics.

The box in the preview code does not have the texuring, lighting, specularity and clean edges of the control box in the review code.

Preview code
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/8550/snapshot20090107075320vb9.jpg

Review code
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/1969/snapshot20090107075402qo5.jpg

Yes, I noticed that. Does your hand glow more as it approaches the control box ? (Is the panel a light source itself in the review code ?)

My guess is if they reduced the motion blur, they probably needed to go through the entire game to see if the details needed to be "patched up" so that the overall image looked sharper and cleaner.

There's no texture increase, but the shaders are obviously tweaked along with the post filters, and this brings out the details more obviously. Falloff effects on character shaders are more prominent as well.

And it's pretty unlikely anyway that they could suddenly increase their memory footprint this late into the development and rescale textures to higher sizes...

Cool ! Was looking at the 2 pictures DJ12 posted. The stand and the attached panel show more details with the new code. Too bad I probably won't notice them during gameplay (Just press the button and run !)

"Too bad I probably won't notice them during gameplay (Just press the button and run !)".

Stand and fight private Patsu!!!!!!

Latest Pelit-magazine (biggest gaming magazine in Finland) was released yesterday and it had a long preview of KZ2 with new screenshots (AFAIK). I only had time to read the conclusion of the preview but it mentioned that the game looks great and it should give fierce competition to Resistance 2 as _the_ fps game for PS3.

It also mentioned that the framerate isn't constant and in fire fights the framerate may drop so low, that it gets almost impossible to aim.

Latest Pelit-magazine (biggest gaming magazine in Finland) was released yesterday and it had a long preview of KZ2 with new screenshots (AFAIK). I only had time to read the conclusion of the preview but it mentioned that the game looks great and it should give fierce competition to Resistance 2 as _the_ fps game for PS3.

It also mentioned that the framerate isn't constant and in fire fights the framerate may drop so low, that it gets almost impossible to aim.

Thats a worry, though ive not read about framerate troubles elswhere? If this is the case though maybe GG will work on it right to the last.

I saw the set-pieces and the intro videos, the set pieces one looks awesome!! The intro seems rendered in-engine, perhaps we're looking at sort of a preview of Killzone 3 (or 4). :D

Hope the gun shakes during gameplay when your character is shitting bricks like in that "details" video.

I really do not like FPS games though, but I think I will put up with Killzone as the beta was fairly fun (unlike Resistance 2) and I need those graphics in my life.

Thats what I noticed in the HD video (30fps video). There where several places it dropped the framerate but not to unplayable levels (in that level). It also has this 25fps motionblur smoothed smoothness and not 30fps motionblur smoothness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back