Xbox Series X [XBSX] [Release November 10 2020]

Overall I liked the show.
Looking forward to the documentary on the 13 Dec.

Companies really have to learn to over provision.
From what I've heard the Halo MP was blue screening also

The show was fine , its a shame the halo stuff got leaked.

I do feel they were missing something. They should have had at least 1 game announcement for this show. They should have had something ready to go like a reboot or sequel to an original xbox launch title or a 360 launch title. But whatcya going to do.

Page 117... Love ya Chief.

Great show! Can't wait for the documentary & the Halo show. Surprised about the new BC titles & the Halo MP Beta release.

Also, got to watch it this evening & use my new 20th Anniversary controller. Love it BTW. :)

Happy Birthday Xbox & Chief!

Tommy McClain

huh. its interesting that even from the intro, Microsoft has openly admitted that they are not immune to fuck ups, and they even shows the infamous red ring of death haha. will it also explore their struggle in japan and their rise in unsupported regions?

I think they had to make it about Halo only. It's the whole reason Xbox survived 20 years ago really.
Its not just about 20 years ago however , it was about the history of all xboxs. Would have been cool to see a better trailer for perfect dark or heck fable remakes or gears remasters of the original 3. Lots of stuff they could have had.

Its not just about 20 years ago however , it was about the history of all xboxs. Would have been cool to see a better trailer for perfect dark or heck fable remakes or gears remasters of the original 3. Lots of stuff they could have had.
Is MS making a Fable remake? Other games have been very lucrative with remakes and remasters, I'm surprised MS aren't getting in on the act.

Historically they've done some remakes, but recently they generally have not. Instead, they have been releasing free upgrades via FPS Boost or Resolution Boosts or Texture Boosts or Filtering Boosts in BC, and some have game updates for new and improved graphic modes.

Reactions: Jay
Historically they've done some remakes, but recently they generally have not. Instead, they have been releasing free upgrades via FPS Boost or Resolution Boosts or Texture Boosts or Filtering Boosts in BC, and some have game updates for new and improved graphic modes.

and those are some amazing enhancements. But I am sure there is a huge market for Xbox trilogies to get the Master Chief treatment. Gears 1-3 + judgement in a maste chief collection , Fable 1-3 in such a collection.

I'd love for them to remake some of the jrp's they had on the 360 like blue dragon and of course who can forget the amazing viva pinata games.

That is just me however. I think its to early for xbox one stuff but the xbox original and 360 games would look really good with a fresh coat of paint

This is precisely what I was going to say.

and those are some amazing enhancements. But I am sure there is a huge market for Xbox trilogies to get the Master Chief treatment. Gears 1-3 + judgement in a maste chief collection , Fable 1-3 in such a collection.
I agree. There's some distinct benefits to remakes as well as having the work they've done on BC.

Yes. The question is: Will these remakes drive GP subscriptions?

Probably not as much as actually bringing out Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5, Fable next, Perfect Dark next and Gears 6.

No one really cared about Blue Dragon at the time even. The difference with this and EA putting out Mass Effect remake and FF remakes is that people actually cared about those games at the time. Millions of people.

MS doesn't have many games people still care about like that. They're working on it...

I'd love to see both Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey remade just because if they did that, it'd probably also release on PC and I'd get to play them again. :)

Regards,
SB

Regarding Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey... Has anyone played the physical version on Xbox One? Those are multi-disc games and I know it will download the install from the internet, but what disc do you have to insert to play it? Do you have to swap the the appropriate disc when you normally would?

Yes. The question is: Will these remakes drive GP subscriptions?

Probably not as much as actually bringing out Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5, Fable next, Perfect Dark next and Gears 6.

No one really cared about Blue Dragon at the time even. The difference with this and EA putting out Mass Effect remake and FF remakes is that people actually cared about those games at the time. Millions of people.

MS doesn't have many games people still care about like that. They're working on it...

Let's take fable for example. We have no idea when the next one is going to release it could be 2023 or 2024 or even later. Meanwhile there was a remake of fable in 2014 and the last real new entry is 2010 with fable 3. There has been a full console generation since the last fable game released , it most likely will be 14 years or more between fable 3 and the new fable. So in that case I think remakes of the original trilogy could prove fruitful for microsoft. It would not only get people engaged with game pass but also get a new generation of fans interested in fable.

I could agree with you on a perfect dark as the game wasn't really good to begin with. But I think Gears could be ripe for remakes. The first one came out in 2006. We are .... damn we are really close to the 20th anniversary of gears. But hey maybe they will re do the original one for a 2026 one

Let's take fable for example. We have no idea when the next one is going to release it could be 2023 or 2024 or even later. Meanwhile there was a remake of fable in 2014 and the last real new entry is 2010 with fable 3.
Surely there's a game you are forgetting.... Waves hands.

Back