Xbox Series X [XBSX] [Release November 10 2020]

It's a bit strange and MS's marketing seems out of touch, at least where I live. This year I've noticed an increased amount of advertisments for games and services (both on my Windows devices and the fullscreen ads when booting an XSX). Yet, this year they also seem to ignore advertisments through other channels. Retail/online stores are gearing up for the holiday season and both Nintendo and Playstation are fully represented but Xbox is nowhere to be seen.

I get that MS/Xbox is pushing for a digital/subscription based future but I feel that they're ignoring the importance of a presence outside their existing userbase. You can't sell subscriptions if people don't even know that you exist.

The ABK acquisition was probably the equivalent of a $1 billion in advertising for MS, it was so well covered. LOL
I don't even think that's advertising you can buy! According to the coverage of the Modern Warfare 3 ad, Microsoft have only done this previously for Starfield (first party) for Forza (first party).

Xbox Studios are entering a mutli year co-development partnership with Inworld AI. MS also fund them through their venture capital arm.

"Together we’ll focus on developing the following tools:

• An AI design copilot that assists and empowers game designers to explore more creative ideas, turning prompts into detailed scripts, dialogue trees, quests and more.
  • An AI character runtime engine that can be integrated into the game client, enabling entirely new narratives with dynamically-generated stories, quests, and dialogue for players to experience. "

I haven't go around to trying any of their character demos as of yet. There's Inworld Origins on Steam and a Skyrim mod among others. To an extent, there's not too much point in trying them. The pace of AI development, and the fact the tools are still under development, makes them out of date already.

(didn't put this in the AI are taking jobs thread, as so far, no one has lost their job!)

One noob question about the X
Maybe finally I'm going to buy one, I have a full hd tv and no intention to buy a 4k just for occasional gaming.
When outputting 1080p, does the X improve framerate compared to 4k?

I'm not sure what Microsoft can do to prevent these devices in the short term. The console only knows as much as the connected device identifies itself so if it's spoofing legit controller IDs and there is no unique S/N authentication (which would need to be planned and implemented in advance), I don't see what the options are.

It's a bit unfortunate they've prevented legitimate accessibility devices though as Microsoft have been pro-accessibility. Hopefully they'll revisit that.

XIM is also very update able. So maybe Microsoft simply want to avoid the race and avoid false positives?

Basically they think the effort for blocking XIM is not worth it
I think it is. It's time MS encrypts gamepad communications and offers games the option to make this secure communication mandatory to remove these cheat device from PvP.

Back