Xbox June Showcase 2024 (June 9th 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm BST)

Eternal is naughty dog-rockstar level of optimization wizardry on ps4-one, so I'm sure we will be blown away when this comes out. ID software is in the top 20 of studios worldwide, and the only Bethesda studio that still exists that knows how to make a good videogame :sneaky:

Eternal was wizardry. I'm expecting something fantastic.

Btw, I'm ok with Doom going to PS5 on Day 1 since it's a long running multiplatform game like CoD. Gears 6 and Fable should be at least timed exclusive.

No, that was in recent years. Thanks to the integration of artificial intelligence into game development, the time required to create a AAA game will be around 3-4 years from now on.
That's a bold claim. I'll believe it when Naughty Dog and Rockstar actually ship a new game this generation.

That's a bold claim. I'll believe it when Naughty Dog and Rockstar actually ship a new game this generation.
Yes, I know, but I have reliable information about this.

Look at how much money MS puts into this and how much it integrates into AI development. Just the pre-release testing debugging phase can be shortened by months or half a year, but that's just the beginning. Soon, most assets, textures, animations, etc. will be made with AI much faster and more cost-effectively.

However, every new technology has its downsides, there may be artifacts in future games...

this is probably the first time ever where Playstation fans are going to be as interested as xbox fans in a Xbox showcase.

Minor iteration for gameplay, yea. I wouldn't mind that either, but it's definitely less exciting than from Doom 2016 to Eternal, which significantly escalated what was already a very aggressive gameplay loop.

Doom 2016/Eternal had fairly plasticky looking assets and kinda flat, baked lighting. It worked well with its cohesive art style and being locked 60fps and all, but there's definitely plenty of room for improvement.

Environments were also fairly spartan in most instances, though I think this also helped gameplay readability, so not just a technical limitation.
Would you rather play through doom 2016 on a Xbox One S,
Or Quake 4, raytraced in 8K (downsampled from 12K, at 240fps, on a Nvidia XDR9900 (the 32GB HBM4 version)?

this is probably the first time ever where Playstation fans are going to be as interested as xbox fans in a Xbox showcase.
Some PlayStation friends used to watch the Xbox E3 showcases with me, joking they wanted to know which multiplatform games to get in the future.. (there was always a big emphasis on multiplatform titles in the Xbox showcases, even calling them exclusive (-reveal)

But the joke is now that the entire showcase can be regarded as multiplatform even if it is halo

The thing is, Sony has multiple show cases every year and this was not even the main one…
MS already had a big show case and we are getting another one in 6 days.

I am not sure what Sony will even have ready for this year. Sounds like most of the exclusives are slipping into 2025/26

Let's not argue who's going to have the most games in a platform thread. Either discuss that in a business thread, or better yet not at all and wait until the year is over.

MS already had a big show case and we are getting another one in 6 days.

I am not sure what Sony will even have ready for this year. Sounds like most of the exclusives are slipping into 2025/26

Which one was that though, or can you at least mention a title that was announced?

Should we make a year in review thread then ?
Actually a thread recording the 1st party, or even all publishers, output to track performance and changing landscape of games wouldn't be out of place. Although ordinarily we'd hit Wiki and check a List of Xbox Game Studios titles so an ongoing list seems a bit redundant.

Sony's

Nintendo's...is a bit of a mess

Of course, Metacritic scores are also going to want to be record for the kind of arguing people will want this data for.

Last edited:
Back