Xbox June Showcase 2024 (June 9th 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm BST)

Of course, Metacritic scores are also going to want to be record for the kind of arguing people will want this data for.

Metacritic scores? How about the: “we are extremely proud about what our team has accomplished and are really happy with the impressions as well as number of hours engaged by monthly active users” , as this is how MS measures all sub-90 metacritic titles, which is essentially their entire portfolio for the past 5 years or maybe even decade.

Only looking at scores is boring, MS doesn’t have a Phil Spencer for nothing, we need more modern succes measurements :p

I'm super excited about what Phil, Sarah and team have to show on Sunday. MS 1st party is massive now. I'm betting they show at least 15 games that the 30+ teams are working on.

I'm super excited about what Phil, Sarah and team have to show on Sunday. MS 1st party is massive now. I'm betting they show at least 15 games that the 30+ teams are working on.
If they present at least 15 games, most of which are exclusive to the Xbox console, and provide release dates, they can boost sales with the new driverless Series X from the second half of this year. But that really requires a lot of games, and 6-7 of them should release in the September-December period this year.

The Showcase has been impressive so far. Was hoping the Series X digital would be smaller but I guess that will come much later on in the gen

Bit disappointed in the new SKUs. The digital XSX is the same size and not cheaper than the existing model (±€500,-) and the new 2TB, with disc drive, at an MSRP of €650,- is a whopping €150,- more expensive.

Bit disappointed in the new SKUs. The digital XSX is the same size and not cheaper than the existing model (±€500,-) and the new 2TB, with disc drive, at an MSRP of €650,- is a whopping €150,- more expensive.
I think its slightly shorter. Odd thing is they could have saved a lot more by making it smaller and moving to 6nm like Sony did. I think Sony is releasing a smaller base PS5 end of next year as well to replace the current slim model.

Here's hoping Perfect Dark has a co-op mode like that last one. In co-op that game was kind of underrated, doing the "snipe two guys at the same time so no one raises an alarm" but in gameplay and not as part of a scripted event was pretty cool.

The show was great. I'm interested in a lot of the games. 1717975558982.png

The hardware is perplexing

The Xbox Series x digital is $450 ? It should be $400. The 2TB Series x is $600 ?

I really have no idea waht they are thinking. I'd expect the ps5 pro to be less than $600.

Best showing yet of the generation. Fable and Flight Sim were the visual standouts. The turn based RPG also looks great and what I had hoped Square could have delivered. Doom looks fun but highly cross gen. Kind of a disappointment their tech didn’t evolve in a more visually apparent way. Gears only being shown in CGI adjacent form was a big let down. AC shadows was disappointing as expected from Ubisoft.

Last edited:
The show was great. I'm interested in a lot of the games. View attachment 11439

The hardware is perplexing

The Xbox Series x digital is $450 ? It should be $400. The 2TB Series x is $600 ?

I really have no idea waht they are thinking. I'd expect the ps5 pro to be less than $600.
I think they're just leaving themselves some wiggle room for holiday specials. The Pro will likely be $599. Sony would be fools otherwise. The initial demand is there.

Best showing yet of the generation. Fable and Flight Sim were the visual standouts. The turn based RPG also looks great and what I had hoped square could have delivered. Doom looks fun but highly cross gen. Kind of a disappointment their tech didn’t evolve in a more visually apparent way. Gears only being shown in CGI adjacent form was a big let down. AC shadows was disappointing as expected from Ubisoft.
Gears ED is far enough away that they are smart to just tease it for now. They'll need to build hype with in-game footage later.

Back