Xbox June Showcase 2024 (June 9th 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm BST)

Excited for Gears, they seemed to have dropped the hot-turd multiple choice ending Gears 5 story (a monumentally dumb idea).

Fable looks amazing, made the mistake of reading the response on a certain gaming forum though. Actual face scans of real women really trigger some people.

Strong showing for sure. Going multiplatform shortly before such a strong Xbox showcase sure was a decision though.

MS have abandoned the Series full refresh, opting for minor storage, drive and colour options. Pretty good sign that MS are limping though this gen and pulling the trigger on next gen as early as practical.

She said at one point they’re working hard on the next generation or something.

The hardware with the price hike still shows MS corporate living in a bubble of their own reality.

The hardware with the price hike still shows MS corporate living in a bubble of their own reality.
The ftc leak showed a disappointing refresh with minor changes, instead of a midgen.
The real product was able to be disappointing even compared to the refresh.

There's a few Xbox wire article up to accompany the showcase.

State of Decay 3

The trailer is a true reflection of what we’ll play, too: “It’s all in-game assets, all rendered from the game, and it’s a depiction of a typical scene that you would encounter in a four-player co-op session. We wanted to give you a representative feel of what the game would be like, but also tell a story,” says Holt.

The Grounded team had used their share save technology and now have shared back the improvements they'd made.

Gears: Ee ba gum Day

“With the advancements in Unreal Engine 5, the leap in technical capabilities is tremendous,” explains Kate Rayner, Studio Technical Director at The Coalition. This includes over 100 times more environment and character details than Gears 5, hardware raytraced lighting, reflections and shadows, next generation destruction and gore, and cutting-edge animation technology, to name just a few of the countless improvements that will make Gears of War: E-Day an unrivalled visual experience.

South of Midnight

No tech talk and annoyingly slight on talking about their 'stop motion' animation

Haven’t watched it yet but did they say which games were coming to PS5?
I saw the Indy trailer and gears of war cutscene and those look good. Fable looks a little too much like Milo with the lighting IMO. Will watch the full stream later

Cyan posted IGN after showcase interview with Spencer in the Xbox M thread, as he all but confirms a portable Xbox, but though it probably goes here too.

Other bits I though were interesting:

• When discussion game diversity he mentioned the Unreal team. Presumably this is growing out of The Coalition and existing tech support team (that I can't remember the name of)
  • One of The Initiative folks was demoing a playthrough of the Perfect Dark trailer mission the day before the show. It's perhaps less of a concept level that it looked to me.

A very nice show!
Been a while since I said that for an X-Box event!

The music queues from the very first trailer of GoW (from the 360 era) for the Gears prequel made me a bit nostalgic. :)

Enjoyed the show. Xbox shows been getting better and better

Excited for Gears, they seemed to have dropped the hot-turd multiple choice ending Gears 5 story (a monumentally dumb idea).
I don't know if they've dropped it or not.
Or do you think they just leave 5 ended the way it does (not played it but know theres 2 endings)
I hope they have gears ED and a 6.

@eastmen
As for it potentially coming 2025, very much doubt it. If it was they would've said, so I wouldn't expect it before 2026.
It's not like they've been shy just putting year even for things coming this year.

Hopefully they will start spreading things through the year because they haven't got to that point yet.

Presumably needs to divide into 30 so 10 or 15?
Stop frame is typically 12 fps on 24 fps real. Matching the same look as the cinema would want the same irregular pacing. That said, I doubt 10 or 15 looks much different and would be easier.

Haven’t watched it yet but did they say which games were coming to PS5?
They didn't mention PS5 at all. However, Phil went on to say in interview (I believe in the above IGN video) more games will be going cross platform and named Doom.

What's curious to me is the comment at the end about next gen. I guess the rumour about 2026 is true. Ehh I don't know about this strategy :rolleyes:

Back