What are you playing now? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep going back to cyberpunk2077.

And now just realized that the ambience audio is just on a short loop. Very obvious with Dolby atmos for headphones.

Destiny 2 is currently on pause. Waiting for them to remove the time gates so I can finish the missions in 1 sitting rather than once a week.

Planning to go back to simcity 4, but tis time with mods. Turns out there are people making VERY LARGE maps.

But I can't find my license and it's like 20 dollars. Jeez!

Oh and i also got addicted to beat saber again, and accidentally stepped on the cable... It huuuuuuurts!

And now I remember that I forgot to finish spice wolf vr and a bunch more...

I spent most of last weekend playing FTL. I love FTL but I wish there was a more evolved version with bigger ships, a degree of automation and more modern presentation.

Does anybody recommend have any FTL-like games? It doesn't need to be a rogue-like. I also like March of the Living, which is FTL meets the Walking Dead.

You should check out some of the FTL mods. There was one that was REALLY good that I can't remember the name of that greatly expanded weapons systems, ships and other things without ruining the difficulty balance of the game. It was still challenging, maybe even more so, with the mod installed.

It might have been the Captain's Edition (greatly expands the game) that I played, but it was so many years ago that I can't remember exactly which mod it was.

While looking, I noticed on the FTL developer's website that they link to a mod called Descent into Darkness which sounds interesting. I may have to re-install FTL just to try it out. :)

Regards,
SB

Is there a website where I can put the games I love, and it'll spill a list of indie games that fit my taste?

Steam's recommendation thingy never works. It keeps recommending me games that are not to my taste

So I'm trying Fallout New Vegas for a few days now, and damn it didn't age well :D I'm not talking about the tech, but the pacing and the "interest" put in the world.

Big fan of Fallout 4 and The Outer World, a lot of progression has been made. I didn't realize it until I went back to old stuff :D

Fallout 4 does such a good job or pivoting the world into a more chaotic place as factions are introduced.. the Brotherhood, the Institute, the Mechanist and the Rust Devils. Both Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 also have tons and tons of combinations of random events that interact so no two playthroughs feel exactly the same.

Once you know New Vegas, it's incredibly predictable because they didn't have time to do that with New Vegas, where pretty much every enemy is exactly in the same place in the world, every play through.

Last edited by a moderator:
im playing death stranding directors cut, its chill but also scary when the spoopy spoops happen
im mostly doing it to get me some hideo kojima zaniness

Now that I have an Ampere, I'm playing Little Nightmares II Enhanced Edition. Simply gorgeous game, makes use of lighting and reflections so well. Such a creepy game, there's some areas that really set my heart rate up! Kudos to the artists and designers for once again making some messed up creatures and situations.

So after quickly trying Detroit, HZD, GoW in the past, i now have opportunity to play Uncharted as well on my platform of choice. So that's what i just did. I mean, i like Indiana Jones. And i liked the first Tomb Rider a lot, so maybe this is finally a Sony game for me, and i could enjoy Sonys high AAA standarts, i've thought.

Starting with Uncharted 4. Wow. It's cutscenes enriched with quick time events gameplay, where i nowadays can keep control of the camera, and i can do some shooting, like in the funny casual Moorhuhn shooter back the day.
After that... guess what - a reprise - i'm a little boy. And my cool older brother comes by to teach me how to be cool too. And the bad grown up nun must be avoided to spot us.
How cute is that? It's like watching a Spielberg movie kissing a Disney movie. Soo lovely! My heart is melting... then my wife calls for my help in the citchen.
When i came back, the games has crashed in the meantime. But maybe that's for good.

So trying the other game of the collection. Nice vista, and some oriental beauty... hm, intersting...
But then - oh no! Nooo! Please not... Sigh. Of course it happens again: Blah blah with another little kid. This time a girl.
I had to stop here. The relationship of the GoW slayer with his cute little son was already too much for me. I have not yet recovered from this experience, although it lasted only 5 minutes for me.

But i'll keep the games and be strong. I must understand what the hell people love about those lowbrow wannabe movie games oh so much.
I saw videos with fun shooting sections in nice jungle scenery worth to explore. And i will not give up until i get there. Maybe there is still somewhere a game inside, deeply hidden between all those clichees and smokes and mirrors...

Likely i first need a full second playthrough of the great Scorn to build up enough mental stamina, so i can do another try on Uncharted.

However, i would not wonder if Microsoft wins the console war within this generation. This stuff is impressive content generation, but not what i expect from a computer simualtion where i could do what i want. Playing this, i feel like a puppet on strings.

Ok, i have learned that trying to make games feel like movies does not have to be a bad thing.
Luckily the kid and teen reprise ended quickly, and after that i had no problem to associate to the main character and story of UC4.
The gameplay is a bit sloppy, which is no wonder considering all the actions the charcters are doing, but it is forgiving, action packed and fun.
It's not what i personally want from a game, but it works. They indeed manage to compete / imitate Hollywood successfully.
I'm really late to the party, but i see that's good entertainment. I'm impressed, and now think that's good games. The standard is indeed high. Admitted.

But this does not mean all the others which try to copy this are on the right track by doing so.
Beside Rockstar and now Naughty Dog i have not seen much of good cutscene story telling in games which actually works imo.

Ok, i have learned that trying to make games feel like movies does not have to be a bad thing.
Luckily the kid and teen reprise ended quickly, and after that i had no problem to associate to the main character and story of UC4.
The gameplay is a bit sloppy, which is no wonder considering all the actions the charcters are doing, but it is forgiving, action packed and fun.
It's not what i personally want from a game, but it works. They indeed manage to compete / imitate Hollywood successfully.
I'm really late to the party, but i see that's good entertainment. I'm impressed, and now think that's good games. The standard is indeed high. Admitted.

But this does not mean all the others which try to copy this are on the right track by doing so.
Beside Rockstar and now Naughty Dog i have not seen much of good cutscene story telling in games which actually works imo.
If you liked Uncharted 4 you should check out Uncharted 2. I'm not sure if there's any way to play it on PC, but the graphics and animation are truly astounding for a PS3 game.

If you liked Uncharted 4 you should check out Uncharted 2. I'm not sure if there's any way to play it on PC, but the graphics and animation are truly astounding for a PS3 game.
Does the PS3 version have AA? If so I might borrow my son's old one and try it. The Uncharted game has grown on me once I accept it as a semi-playable cutscene. :)

Does the PS3 version have AA? If so I might borrow my son's old one and try it. The Uncharted game has grown on me once I accept it as a semi-playable cutscene. :)
I think it has 2xMSAA, but since they tonemap after the MSAA resolve it is not very effective (1 sample lands on a bright spot = white pixel). This was a problem for pretty much the entire DX9 era. Still, considering it runs on a gimped 7800GTX, it looks amazing. And it is full 720p.

No mouselook, no game. How can it be console makers and gamers reject the greatest achievement of modern 3D gaming? I'll never understand this.
Though, i have heard some emulators allow to hack it in? Never tried that.

I dont know for sure but, I would guess Enslaved Odyssey To The West (which I still havnt started yet) would have similar gameplay to Uncharted - It has mouselook

Currently playing Sunset Overdrive - mindless fun has sort of a Saints Row 3 vibe

Last edited:
No mouselook, no game. How can it be console makers and gamers reject the greatest achievement of modern 3D gaming? I'll never understand this.
Though, i have heard some emulators allow to hack it in? Never tried that.
The Uncharted games are pretty fun, but I don’t really love them for the gameplay. It’s like you’re playing an Indiana Jones movie. And not the shitty one. I love that.

Anybody play the new DLC for Resident Evil Village?

I watched it earlier today. I won't say what happens. But me personally, I found it to be underwhelming.

Right now - for reasons beyond my control - I'm playing games which don't consume a lot of electricity. Mostly very old games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back