What are you playing now? [2023]

I upgraded to GP Ultimate so I could get FFXIV for free. I'm about 22 hours in as a level 36 Arcanist. I'm really enjoying it so far, but the game feels like a pretty big commitment like any MMO.

I'm also on the last battle in a BG3 (12th level Wizard) game I've been playing with two buddies on a PC LAN most Friday nights, so that's going to end next Friday.

When I get the chance I try to get a little Persona 3 and Diablo IV play in and I still need to squeeze Tales of Arise into my rotation somehow. GP is a firehose of content this year.
I really wanted to like Tales of Arise but the realtime combat is not for me. It was only bearable when using the DLC to enable super duper easy mode. Once I realized I was avoiding fights if at all possible I had to stop, about half way through the story which was pretty interesting. I'll take my jRPGs turn based from now on. That said I completed Scarlet Nexus and the realtime combat was pretty fun though even that wore me down by the end.

Currently on Persona 3 Reload (late July which I think is around half way through). This is the best game I've played since Witcher 3. I can't recommend it enough.

I'm still making my way through Cyberpunk 2077 but took a little sojourn to the original Halo (anniversary edition) given I picked up the Master Chief collection yesterday. I only intended to start it up out of curiosity and nostalgia (I completed both Halo 1 and 2 when they originally released on PC on my old GeForce 4200Ti (beast!)). But it's just drawn me in an I'm now a good way through it after just a couple of days. The graphics are obviously very basic but still serviceable, while the gameplay is both simplistic and sublime. I'll probably just make way way through the whole collection while simultaneously playing more complex/in depth modern games.

Back