What are you playing now? [2023]

i remember when the character models went from 110 000 polygons to 80 000, the internet outrage, when in the end they looked as good but with better optimization.

I just beat Persona 5 Royal. Absolute masterpiece, even better than Persona 3 Reload which was also fantastic. I picked up Persona 4 Golden during the summer sale so I'm starting it tonight. You guys really let me down not telling me about this series earlier :mrgreen:

If you're like me and slept on this series, Persona 3 Reload is on gamepass. There's so much slop on the market these days it's jarring to see something with such passion put into it.

I had a buchers at Persona 5 and it looks like there are 3 games, Persona 5, Persona 5 Royal and Persona 5 Strikers
What's the difference ?

Last edited:
I had a buchers at Persona 5 and it looks like there are 3 games, Persona 5, Persona 5 Royal and Persona 5 Strikers
What's the difference ?
Persona 5 was the original game.

Persona 5 Royal is like a 'Director's Cut' version of the game, with a bunch of changes and added content. The developer Atlus has been making a habit out of doing this kind of thing with their SMT/Persona games, releasing a full-priced, new version of their games. It's a bit lousy how they do that in my opinion, but whatever the case, this does tend to be the best way to play their games.

Persona 5 Strikers is a spin-off. It's a Dynasty Warriors-esque game(sometimes called Musou games, their name in Japan), and was co-developed with Omega Force who make the Dynasty Warriors games. These are lighter RPG's, but very different, focused on action gameplay and fighting massive hordes of enemies.

So Royal is the one to get?
ps: It turns out that I own Persona 4 (never played it)

Last edited:
Still Warframing - though not anywhere near as much as I did.

The First Decendant (on PC) has been eating most of my time at the moment, until Star Wars: Outlaws comes out, which I guess will be mainly played on my Portal.

Also I have been dying a lot in Black Myth Wukong (on PC) - still haven't made it passed the second area! I think I really don't get on well with Souls like games, I hated Elden Ring for instance :D

Playing Like a Dragon: Infinite wealth.

This has to be the slowest Yakuza game yet, Kasuga is an idiotic protagonist and I am not sold on the RPG system.
I am a bit sceptical about this, but maybe I can play it with my kid?

Back