What are you playing now? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished Power Wash Simulator. LOL. I really enjoyed washing stuff while listening to podcasts. :)

I'm playing Forza Horizon 5 again and started Scorn. It's OK so far. Pretty evocative, but a little on the slow side so far.

Playing Doom Eternal. I love it how this game brings back elements of old school shooters with a modern enhanced twist. The gane has amazing flow and mechanics. Enemy strengths/weaknesses and weapon mechanics are designed with each other in mind so that everything dances together. Beautiful game, super butter smooth.

I'm playing Persona 5 Royal right now for the first time. I was expecting it to be stale, considering it is so old, but within 10 minutes, I was like, Microsoft should have moved heaven and earth to get it on the platform sooner. Excellent presentation. I was also questioning what every other turn-based JRPG has been doing since the first Persona 5 release. Many of them have been copying the uninteresting aspects of the game, like gift giving and increasing affinity with other party members but not the best part, the battle system.

I'm playing Persona 5 Royal right now for the first time. I was expecting it to be stale, considering it is so old, but within 10 minutes, I was like, Microsoft should have moved heaven and earth to get it on the platform sooner. Excellent presentation. I was also questioning what every other turn-based JRPG has been doing since the first Persona 5 release. Many of them have been copying the uninteresting aspects of the game, like gift giving and increasing affinity with other party members but not the best part, the battle system.

Yup, still, IMO, the best game that was released on PS3 and PS4. I hung out with my friend who had it a lot while he was playing through it. :p I just need to find time to get started on the PC version since I know it's going to just suck all of my free time out of my life. :D

Regards,
SB

What's so good with the battle system? I remembered it was flashy, but I didn't remember anything else

When you hit an enemy's weakness, you can get another chance to attack with "one more" or pass the baton to another party member. In cases when there is an assortment of enemies with various weaknesses, you can pass the baton over to a party member with a persona that can attack that weakness of the other enemies in the mix. The party member can also either do a "one more" or pass the baton if they hit an enemy's weakness. If you hit all enemies' weaknesses, you can perform an all-out attack which in many cases is a finisher or negotiate. So from the very beginning, you can dominate battles without the enemy getting a turn making the battles snappy. Something you think would have been copied into oblivion by now, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Playing perfect dark on xbox 360....this game is a technical marvel. It may be a N64 game originally, but the fact 360 can play this game at 1080p 60 is astounding

A Plague Tale Requiem.

Not only am I enjoying it (Although I feel like I really should have finished the first game to really understand what's going on??) but it's hands down the best looking game I've ever seen and I'm super excited for the ray tracing patch.

1440p with DLSS balanced mode, all settings maxed out at 60fps (some drops with loads of alpha effects on screen) on an RTX3060ti.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    633.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    553.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    853.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    464.5 KB · Views: 12
Got sucked into Disney Dreamlight Valley for about 6 hours on the weekend. It's the never ending unlock fest, but I might continue. Just haven't had the energy to dive back into the big story games like Guardians of the Galaxy etc...

Started playing Pentiment and this game has me hooked. I think it's the perfect game for me, that I've been waiting for.

I've already restarted it again, because I didn't like how the story was going, but it doesn't feel like a slog.

A Plague Tale Requiem.

Not only am I enjoying it (Although I feel like I really should have finished the first game to really understand what's going on??) but it's hands down the best looking game I've ever seen and I'm super excited for the ray tracing patch.

1440p with DLSS balanced mode, all settings maxed out at 60fps (some drops with loads of alpha effects on screen) on an RTX3060ti.

Finished it now, the game became a drag towards the end.

I got to chapter 8 after 6-7hrs and thought given the time I had already invested in to it and the average length of games these days that it must end on chapter 10.

It goes to chapter 17 and the issue is the gameplay isn't varied enough to have 17 chapters without the game starting to drag and become repetitive/boring.

The visuals though, wow!!! There are some scenes that are truly jaw dropping and if you're a graphics whore with a good PC you should definitely play it.

And that sound that plays when the rats are coming, one of the most unique and epics sounds I've heard for a while.

It potentially could become as iconic as the Silent Hill sirens if they make more games.

Sniper Elite 5 on pc, everything maxed. Same old Sniper Elite, still very fun game !

On PS5 I started Judgement 2.

Having got XBox games pass for a month primarily to try out some multiplayer games, I'm really enjoying Far Cry 5. I guess I must be about 2/3rds through it as I've just got to the 3rd area. I had been a bit down on gaming recently, but this has refreshed my interest.

Not enough time, but I'm still ensconced in Disney Dreamlight Valley (it's just so easy to mess around in, but the gameplay is not actually that great, yet fun to unlock Disney characters etc...) and also trying Pentiment. It's well done, but a lot of reading. I'm excited for Witcher 3 upgrade coming and I really still need to finish a ton of 3rd person adventure games. I'm literally in the middle of 6 of them right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back