What are you playing now? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddlewire

Regular
Just finished Risen on Xbox One S (game runs too fast on X, unplayable).
The game is an absolute mess of poor and broken mechanics. The quest system is so screwy that it's very easy to glitch the game into a state where you can't progress any further. I did.
Fortunately, someone else figured out that you can force some other game-breaking glitches that miraculously realign the quest progress.
I played some of the game on PC many years ago, and I don't recall any such problems.

On to the sequel!

I'm still replaying Witcher 3 on Series X - my attempt to do a speedier run than my original ninety-hour 2015 original playthrough is not quite going to plan because after about 40 hours I am only at the end of Act I.

And... Mass Effect 1 (Legendary Edition) with some different choices. Kaiden is going to die and Ashley the Space Nazi is going to survive and I am going to see if I can reform her. She's never survived the first game in my earlier plays and I don't even know if it's possible. I am also not going to bonk Liara, I am going to bonk Miranda in ME2. At least I'm going to try, I don't know if that's possible either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I want to replay Horizon Zero Dawn and the Frozen Wates DLC (never played) before Horizon Forbidden West but that's probably not going to happen. :nope:

I decided to give Morrowind another chance (I think it's the third one). Thing is, the game is extremely fun, but the bugs killed it for me in my previous attempts. I hope this time I will make it.

Also, I chose to let alchemy go this time. I love it, but it's way too much time consuming and I prefer to advance in the main quests faster. Maybe when I'm done with them...

Sniper Elite 4, and just now Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy.

Funny enough now that I think about it, there's a good contrast between the two, one focusing on delivering a great story and atmosphere, the other on delivering great game play.

Is this it ?
looks a bit too good for 142mb

edit no

One thing to keep in mind, since this basically a fan made project it isn't a recreation of the whole game. Just the first areas with Gascoigne and the Blood Beast as well as some new stuff that the project added.

Still, I find it charming and pretty cool and fun.

Regards,
SB

So I'm trying Fallout New Vegas for a few days now, and damn it didn't age well :D

I'm not talking about the tech, but the pacing and the "interest" put in the world.

Big fan of Fallout 4 and The Outer World, a lot of progression has been made. I didn't realize it until I went back to old stuff :D

So I'm trying Fallout New Vegas for a few days now, and damn it didn't age well :D

I'm not talking about the tech, but the pacing and the "interest" put in the world.

Big fan of Fallout 4 and The Outer World, a lot of progression has been made. I didn't realize it until I went back to old stuff :D

Yeah I played through all of Vegas and its DLC a few years ago and it was already borderline. Don’t think I could stomach it today.

Vampire Survivors ... really cheap and for me really addictive pick up and play game. Any given run lasts at most 30 minutes (at which point death comes and kills you). It reminds me somewhat of a game that was developed by a member of this forum years ago, Bardbarian. Except instead of collecting additional characters, you're collecting passive weaponry. Really REALLY simple game, but really fun and it's super cheap.

The Surge 2. Finally getting around to playing this and I have to say the graphics are still nice and the gameplay is quite good. The Surge was a decent take on the Souls like gaming genre, but The Surge 2 has basically improved upon that in every way. Liked the first game, really liking the second game.

Regards,
SB

Playing The Gunk on Gamepass.
If all motion blur implementations were like this, I wouldn't have to turn it off all the time. Very well done.
About halfway through. Game is fine. Fairly conventional puzzle-platforming. A good way to kill an afternoon.

Just finished Splinter Cell Conviction on One X.
One of those games that isn't listed as getting a 9X resolution boost, but it did. Although anyone who watched DF's video about it would already know that.
Looks great. Plays... fine.
Not my preferred type of Splinter Cell gameplay.

I gave up on Dragon Quest XI as it got super grindy and not fun near the end. A bit of a shame as I have about 40 hours into it.

Played a couple of hours of Tunic and enjoyed it. I'll probably try to finish it.

I'm starting to get to the point in Shredders where your muscle memory takes over and the snowboarding simulator starts getting fun.

Lastly, Guardians of the Galaxy! Man I'm loving this one. The dialogue might be the best ever in a video game, the story is solid and the gameplay is fun once you get into a rhythm. This is a hidden gem IMO.

I decided to give Morrowind another chance (I think it's the third one). Thing is, the game is extremely fun, but the bugs killed it for me in my previous attempts. I hope this time I will make it.

Also, I chose to let alchemy go this time. I love it, but it's way too much time consuming and I prefer to advance in the main quests faster. Maybe when I'm done with them...
Gee, I can't! I really tried, but sorry, the game is just not well designed in so many levels.

I tried sticking to the main quest, but secondary quests kept piling up. Ok, I assume that can happen in these games, but then, many of the directions to go to places are wrong or just too vague. Sometimes you don't even know what's next. Even if this can seem realistic, the way it's done is just annoying... but not as annoying as having to go back and forth very distant places with no fast travel options for the very same quest and for no convincing reason. Again, going on foot and other options may seem more realistic (I actually love going on foot), but the way it's made is so annoying...

So, for all this, it got to a point that it felt as if playing were a chore.

I enjoyed a few things in this game, but I definitely had more fun with the first one, oh, boy! Yeah, despite the outdated graphics.

Now onto Oblivion. I'm a bit sad that I had to let Morrowind go after all this time, but I don't want to spend an unreasonable time just overcoming stupid hurdles, instead of enjoying a game.

Back playing Stellaris. I am in another endless cycle of starting out benevolent and wanting to save the universe, then seeing some empires 'misbehave' (bullying etc) and trying to coerce them onto the right path, to sneaking nuclear weapons onto their capital worlds and melting their planets to suddenly becoming the defecto authoritarian empire in the universe that everybody hates. AGAIN. It would probably just save time to dial evil to 11 at the start of the game.

As the AI advisor keeps saying, "We have declared war, because some people have to learn the hard way".

They never learn. :no:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back