Tom Clancy's The Division [PS4, XO]

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...e_else_afraid_that_incursions_are_just_going/

dang..

seems most people do prefer archaic & methodologically canned boss battle rather than fighting a truly smart boss (just replace boss AI with common enemy AI, and turn off the "thinking" delay).

if Massive follows those requests... The Division boss battle will became Destiny boss battle.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

If they make it anything like King's Fall, I will gracefully give the game a glowing review for what it is right now and leave.....I do NOT want that.

I have a brand new Netgear router I bought three months ago ! It can't get newer than this !

Have opened the ports but the issue persists -_-

• make sure you have NAT1 or NAT2
  • put your phone/laptop and PS on the same network (put both on wifi or both on LAN at the same time).
  • on terminal do ping 8.8.8.8 or ping 8.8.8.8 -t if on CMD
  • when the division disconnect, does the pink shows anomaly?

If they make it anything like King's Fall, I will gracefully give the game a glowing review for what it is right now and leave.....I do NOT want that.

hopefully Massive have strong vision and unshakeable pillars for The Division. So they can cater to what people want, but in moderation.

Like bungie and their attitude "This is how the game should be played, you may not defy. Or else!" to keep their vision strong. Although weirdly, in case of bungie, i hope they stops acting like Hitler...

New complaint. They need to add something to bridge going from hard mode to challenging mode. The difficulty jump is too steep. The only thing you can do is dark zone or grind hard missions and hope to get good drops to prepare for challenging mode. Challenging mode has only elite (gold) level 32 enemies, as far as I can tell. I can basically speed run missions on hard with little to no risk of dieing, but it's hard to get past the first encounter on some challenging missions.

Also, I've received the cadecius AR as a drop ... twice. Only high-end item I have and I got it twice.

• make sure you have NAT1 or NAT2
  • put your phone/laptop and PS on the same network (put both on wifi or both on LAN at the same time).
  • on terminal do ping 8.8.8.8 or ping 8.8.8.8 -t if on CMD
  • when the division disconnect, does the pink shows anomaly?

Not a bad idea. He'd definitely see if his connection is dropping momentarily.

I have NAt type2. Will try pinging next time I play to see whats going on. interesting fun thing to see as sometimes lag kicks in unannounced in this game and hits massively.

I have NAt type2. Will try pinging next time I play to see whats going on. interesting fun thing to see as sometimes lag kicks in unannounced in this game and hits massively.

You probably should try and ping the Division server you are connected to, in case it's the path to the server from you. Then again, its IP, so each packet can take different routes, so it does not really tell you anything unless the "ping packets" uses the exact same route to and from the server.

With a new netgear router you should be able to get type1. You have a gateway from your isp or a modem behind that router?

If you have a Netgear+Modem setup check if your Modem is configured into bridge mode and not another Router. Most modern modems are Routers in Default Mode and then you'll run into NAT problems.

I use a Netgear R7000 with a Draytek VDSL "modem" in bridge mode. XB1 shows Open NAT and it works fine with Destiny/Division.

The top suggestions in the division reddit is getting more and more ridiculous

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...e_that_massive_adds_verticality_i_would_love/

Don't they realize that the game already offer that? The game already have missions where you go up a skyscraper.

The problem is, those battles always stays in confined space including when at roof.

Instead of climbing through stairs and elevators, Massive should give a few spots where you climbs using a rope from OUTSIDE the tower. Shoot those grapple hook like Battlefield hardliners.

When inside building, please stop covering the windows with clutter. It's claustrophobic and repetitive because everything is like that.

When on the roof, don't put the battle in the middle of goddamn roof. Put on the edge of roof and make sure to only put a low wall. Or use fences. Actually some of the side mission already did this correctly.

If the engine allows, make a mission where you Travers using zip lines from one skyscraper to other skyscraper.

If the engine allows, make elevator have transparent window that have outside view.

These stuff will reduce the claustrophobic feels, make "getting up the skyscraper" feels more visceral. Make people remember that they are climbing a skyscraper, not just going from one corridor to another corridor.

New complaint. They need to add something to bridge going from hard mode to challenging mode. The difficulty jump is too steep. The only thing you can do is dark zone or grind hard missions and hope to get good drops to prepare for challenging mode. Challenging mode has only elite (gold) level 32 enemies, as far as I can tell. I can basically speed run missions on hard with little to no risk of dieing, but it's hard to get past the first encounter on some challenging missions.

Also, I've received the cadecius AR as a drop ... twice. Only high-end item I have and I got it twice.
I have no exotic items :(

BTW challenge mode is not hard because the enemy is actually dumber. But it is super tedious

I ran challenge mode with 2 friends and a random and it wasn't TOO bad once you adjust to the difficulty and use communication/teamwork. I'd imagine it would be considerably harder with randoms, especially with no voice chat. And yeah, the enemies do seem dumber as orangpelupa said. They don't seem to go after turrets. They are far more aggressive though.

That said, I agree with Scott that there's a huge gap between hard and challenge mode.

Anyway, I'm still enjoying the game. There's just a few things that I don't like.
-Too much running around. There needs to at least be more fast travel locations.
-The streets feel so empty outside of the dark zone. I wish there were public events or something like Destiny.
-Controls are a bit clunky and don't feel as sharp as other shooters.
-The game has some glitches. During challenge mode at the end encounter, I fell through the map forcing me to kill myself. I had to respawn to the closest safehouse and run all the way through the mission again to meet with my teammates.
Another time I ran between a small box and building but couldn't run out and couldn't even leap over it with the O button (PS4). Again had to kill myself to respawn.
-Framerate in challenge mode/dark zone can get pretty bad. Otherwise it's pretty solid.

Last edited:
Yup yup yup.

The game itself do have fast travel to your friend while in Mission but it doesn't work (without explanation why) when your teammates are detected by enemy.

I always play challenge with randoms that have no mic and yesterday two of them teleported OUTSIDE of mission building while two of us waiting inside.

It seems they doesn't know the fast travel and doesn't know the map layout (because late joiner won't have AR waypoints in their view). They keep running around with no avail lol. Then I run all the way back to pick them up.

There's also the frame rate problem.

The game is buggy and laggy and low performance. But no review catch those problems. Weird.

Btw in beta there are random public events but I think it was removed in final version because I never met any.

Anyone try today's daily challenge? I forget the name of the mission, but it's next to impossible. I had a full team with me and the last encounter is ridiculous. You have to kill waves of yellow bar'd enemies before the counter expires and the place blows. There's several shotgunners that just constantly run at you, and their shotguns have ridiculous range and it's pretty much a 1 shot death.

We managed to get to the last wave with over 4 minutes to spare, but we got overconfident and all died. The shotgunners are unpredictable and once they get within 10 meters of you, you're pretty much dead.

Mind you it was late and we were all tired, and we weren't geared extremely well... but still, we had a good team. Ubisoft made these challenge modes WAY too hard IMO. Some are easily doable, but others are near impossible.

Back