Tom Clancy's The Division [PS4, XO]

One thing I noticed, and I see lots of other games get criticized for this, is there was lots of random buildings on the street but guess what...you cant walk into and explore any of them...

I dunno, less and less hyped for this. Datto says it's even much less single player friendly than Destiny. If you go into Dark Zone solo you are dead. We'll see, but that seems a step in the wrong direction.

That's a shame cus I dont know what to look forward too now, Quantum Break?

Here's datto's vid, he's usually fairly sensible

I maxed out in DZ while spending a total of 15 minutes grouped up out of the hours I spent there. You have to worry about ganker groups but usually only when u run smack into them out in the open. They also tend to be the most actively hunted in many instances where u will find a ton of players flooding into any extraction area where a group has gone rogue. Because of that they tend to stay mobile zipping between extraction areas and most likely will run right past you if you stay down and out of sight.

However, going rogue as a solo player is hard, but my best moment in the dz came from mistakenly going rogue as a solo. I came upon an extraction zone in the middle of a fire fight between a group of 4 rogue agents and some other players. I am about 200-300 yards out but already on their flank. I take on one of the rogue agents but as I am shooting to take him out while he is down some other agent decides to run up and melee him. I am so far away I think its one of his mates trying to heal him and commence to empty a clip in both players. I am alerted I am now rogue and decide its time to run for it. But I end up running into a guy running towards the fight. He instantly decides to take me down while I run right past him. I immediately jump into cover and return fire. I go through a clip or two before I devise a plan to make another run for it through a building. First I take cover at the entrance and we engage again with grenades and a few clips then I run through the building and engage him in the streets on the other side. We go through a few more clips as I move to create distance and stay on the move going cover to cover. I end up hitting a dead end which wouldn't have been a problem but two more agents show up and they end up taking me out. I must of burned through 300 rounds in a mostly one on one battle that lasted for like 3 or 4 minutes.

Last edited:
You should try yelling

IM SORRY. ACCIDENT

In various languages.

I did that in English, Indonesian, Japanese.

Succeed only one time. But feels AWESOME!

You should try yelling

IM SORRY. ACCIDENT

In various languages.

I did that in English, Indonesian, Japanese.

Succeed only one time. But feels AWESOME!

I was out in the zone once taking on some baddies in a dept. store when I was joined by a group of two agents. I and another agent were using the same cover when one bad guy charged us so I pulled out a shotgun. Somehow, I end up hitting the agent (which made no sense) and went rogue. His partner immediately let off bursts at me, so I naturally responded by targeting him. But instead of firing, I decided at the last moment to surrender and put my hands up and they let me go.

A count down of 4-5 seconds happened and my rogue status was removed, but I am not sure if that's a mechanism controlled by the opposing player(s) or the game itself.

The Division: Beauty in the small things

Impressive.
I wish they put the destruction more for stuff that affect gameplay, not just visual.

E.g.

Allow us to rip a hole on the tent to hide inside.

Allow the wall to be destroyed like r6siege or Battlefield bad company.

Allow the floor to be destroyed like on r6siege.

Allow the trash to be blown away by grenade, thus making new confusion, new cover. Or simply allow us to explore places that was blocked by trash.

TD on consoles will allow you to change settings and downgrade the lighting in the game to improve framerates.

The Division: Beauty in the small things

Impressive.

I walked around the single player portion doing that for like 10 minutes. Shooting the concrete barriers reveals a layer of concrete over an inner layer held together by steel rebar.

I rather see players scurrying around like chickens with their heads cut off because somebody just broke out a .50 caliber that's turns most cover into swiss cheese.

Last edited:
I walked around the single player portion doing that for like 10 minutes. Shooting the concrete barriers reveals a layer of concrete over an inner layer held together by steel rebar.

I rather see players scurrying around like chickens with their heads cut off because somebody just broke out a .50 caliber that's turns most cover into swiss cheese.

That would depends on the cover's level and your level.

If the cover in this game is high leveled, it would take lots of shots to make them like Swiss cheese...

:p

“One good thing about The Division is we’ve always considered the PC as a separate platform. We do have to keep it in check with the consoles; it would be kind of unfair to push it so far away from them. But it’s been good having a dedicated PC build for this game.”

hxs94dx.jpg

:(

Good for Ubisoft. Why have two engines and two sets of assets for one game? Keep it in check.

What i like about The Division is more or less what i talked about when this came out. What i like about it visually (from what i played) is that it is coherent, there's not much that sticks out as better or worse than the rest. It's very much a product of smart and meticulous design, everything from UI, to the AA, the lighting and everything else comes together almost perfectly. The only bad decision made, and can be used against TD, is Ubisoft showcasing the game a bit too early; if it didn't have to live up to that ridiculous early footage everyone would be praising its visuals imo. I know, i fell into the same trap as well, judging the game based on that footage and youtube videos from an alpha. After playing the beta i am very satisfied.

Last edited:
There is even more. Someone said to me that he tried to test the penetrating power of the cartridge at the Santa Claus figure to tip over it. He noticed that it stopped responding after a few hits. But that was only because he always shot at the same spot. This was then a hole. But the entire plaster on the wall behind the figure was shot down. Up behind the wood paneling appeared a massive steel plate (elevator shaft), which could not be penetrated.

Depending on the caliber strength concrete/stone can sometimes also be penetrated. The geometry is really amended (like in Red Faction) and the props are actually deformed.

I forgot to say that it was not exactly the Santa Claus figure which can be seen in the video. There was a Santa figure standing inside a building.

Is the whole dynamic melting of snow still a thing? No idea whether I've actually seen it in action or just read about it, but it sure sounded neat.

I haven't tasted it myself yet, can't write Division off just yet, considering there is nothing else like it out there, except the Borderlands collection which is super cool.
As for Division, I heard devs are still changing stuff like how u switch weapons and all, basic things which can change the whole feel. so I can't say NO yet. Maybe they can correct the input lag too.

And I believe it all comes down to how they handle Bosses in this realistic scenario. If they put in thrilling Boss Battle equivalents, it will turn into a winner within a moment. And who knows how it will feel with higher level end game guns.There is no Destiny 2 coming this year, its all an open field for them. There is also rumours of more than 8 ppl raids in Division.
I will watch it.

Its Ubisoft, and thats my main problem, not the game itself. Ubisoft makes formula games and takes no risks

LEvel 20 gameplay, had not seen before. Whats the level cap on this game? Also is th eloot shred like Borderlands (annoying) or is ur loot safe like Destiny?

Back