Tom Clancy's The Division [PS4, XO]

I just find that the world is very sparse. You can move through the city without fighting very often, and there's there's not much else to do. So you're basically just running from one place to another. Unless they have a long list of missions, or interesting side missions, the game will become boring very fast. I never really felt much like I was exploring because there really isn't anything to find. There are crafting resources you can come across, but as far as I can tell they appear in certain places at random, so it's basically just harvesting routes. The one mission they did include is actually pretty fun if you play it on hard. I just don't know if there are going to be enough.

Wow the animation was so much better. Does animation is really heavy to render so it need to be downgraded?

Or its more about development time and budget?

Edit: maybe it's more about memory constrain?

Last edited:
BTW Souls games are said to be their own new genre, I think "Destiny-likes" (or something) are too. This being the 2nd. Course Destiny is hated so people probably wont want to credit it for starting a whole genre..but they should.

Er, what? Destiny is just Warframe. Except it came out later. With less guns. Less customization. No melee. No parkour. Less powers. Less crafting. No interior customization of your ship. No companions. Less areas (worlds/tilesets). Destiny does have a bit more of a story, but the story in Destiny is pretty bad. And the PvP is probably better in Destiny because it's a nightmare to balance PvP when there are so many character and weapon options.

It's a great game. But certainly not something that's going to start a new genre when the genre already exists. :p I certainly don't hate the game. It's a great game. I do find it amusing that some of the big time Youtube and Twitch streamers sometimes comment that if you want a good Destiny, go play Warframe. :D

That'd be like saying League of Legends started the whole MOBA genre. :) Or that Call of Duty started the whole military ADS FPS genre (Medal of Honor preceded it by over 1.5 years and even that likely wasn't the first).

Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to the Division again after seeing some footage of the BETA. The graphics look really good and the shooting seems pretty solid. It may have a few downgrades since the first reveal, but it looks REALLY good.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
Well, that is another thing. The PS4 beta graphics have nothing to do with the E3 reveal graphics. Game looks mediocre to me...although I admit that I only played a short amount of time and the graphics could improve throughout the later content?

My main problem are the average controls. Not precise enough and too much input lag for an online shooter.

Much easier to copy paste Destiny's CA in The Division than Destiny's low input lag, eh?

Well, that is another thing. The PS4 beta graphics have nothing to do with the E3 reveal graphics. Game looks mediocre to me...although I admit that I only played a short amount of time and the graphics could improve throughout the later content?

I captured over 9000 screenshot in png for making time lapse and...

Some of them are awesome!

It seems the perceived visual quality really goes up and down depending the weather, the time, the lights...

Huge worries about content. Is there so little content in the final release that the beta had to be absolutely anaemic? There's one mission, some incredibly simple side missions and a bunch of primitive encounters. The Dark Zone is basically the The Empty Zone. Spent most of my time running around looking for enemies, finding nothing. The controls work very well, but just about every secondary system like crafting is disabled, so I have no idea how deep it is. I have a very bad feeling about the game overall. They didn't seem to want people to touch any of the depth before release.

Well it seem they exposed about 1/3rd of the game for the beta. Only the medical path out of three main path was opened up and I only managed to get it to 20% operational. It seem most of the beta was about exposing the basic game play mechanic in the beginner part of the map which tends to be sparse in most rpgs. Hopefully the single player portion is filled with story missions and a
bunch of side missions to build out youth base of operation. Thereby giving you plenty to do while widening your skill set.

The basic game play doesn't remind me of destiny. It reminds me of mgs v turned on its head. Strip out stealth, hand to hand, people looting, mechanisms that discourages killing, give everybody a little sponginess and what you have left is something akin to the TD's basic game play.

My main problem are the average controls. Not precise enough and too much input lag for an online shooter.

Much easier to copy paste Destiny's CA in The Division than Destiny's low input lag, eh?
The controls are precise and the input lag not perceptible, in the same way than Gear, is not Drake and this crappy control and gunfight… Division is TPS not FPS…so totally different than Destiny. ;)

I captured over 9000 screenshot in png for making time lapse and...

Some of them are awesome!

It seems the perceived visual quality really goes up and down depending the weather, the time, the lights...

wow, you did that by hand ?

The controls are precise and the input lag not perceptible, in the same way than Gear, is not Drake and this crappy control and gunfight… Division is TPS not FPS…so totally different than Destiny. ;)

I think it's more about how the auto aim and manual aim works in the division that's clunky.

To get fast aim, I need to depend on the auto aim. It goes veeeeeery slow if I manually aim, and the auto aim won't reactivate, unless I stop aiming then aim again.

@JPT

Nah, I used my destiny bot that I used ages ago for grinding xp and making destiny time-lapse

I'm done with beta since yesterday. I got the gist of the basic game play and I don't want to get attached to my char who gets flush down the toilet tomorrow along all the gear I grinded to get.

Er, what? Destiny is just Warframe. Except it came out later. With less guns. Less customization. No melee. No parkour. Less powers. Less crafting. No interior customization of your ship. No companions. Less areas (worlds/tilesets). Destiny does have a bit more of a story, but the story in Destiny is pretty bad. And the PvP is probably better in Destiny because it's a nightmare to balance PvP when there are so many character and weapon options.

It's a great game. But certainly not something that's going to start a new genre when the genre already exists. :p I certainly don't hate the game. It's a great game. I do find it amusing that some of the big time Youtube and Twitch streamers sometimes comment that if you want a good Destiny, go play Warframe. :D

That'd be like saying League of Legends started the whole MOBA genre. :) Or that Call of Duty started the whole military ADS FPS genre (Medal of Honor preceded it by over 1.5 years and even that likely wasn't the first).

Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to the Division again after seeing some footage of the BETA. The graphics look really good and the shooting seems pretty solid. It may have a few downgrades since the first reveal, but it looks REALLY good.

Regards,
SB

From what I can tell both are similar but Warframe has a pay to win problem, very grindy, and mainly, worse gameplay (also does it have the equivalent of raids? Destiny's tour de force). What turned me off was the bland brown brown brown brown green gray graphics.

I guess Division has an open Beta Feb 16 now?

I'm kind of wondering what exactly I'm going to do in the Division. And the thing with Destiny is Crucible...whenever you are bored you just default to crucible, it's like the glue of the game. Division wont have that. Which I guess is unfair, because for a long time I didn't touch Destiny PVP.

I'm honestly questioning if Division can be that Destiny replacement for me after the alpha/beta though. The gameplay just doesn't seem nearly as addicting.

Also, it doesn't seem solo friendly which I was hoping for. Report are Dark Zone solo isn't really viable. That's disappointing to me.

Also, how are people evidently getting the top guns and gear in the game already in a 3 day beta? people loaded with golds/purples (the equivalent of legendaries/exotics I guess). That's...weird, unless I'm missing something.

Last edited:
You go to the dark zone for pvp.

But the basic gameplay in the division is clunkier and more boring than destiny.

Walking is boring, shooting is clunky, enemy battle AI is boring and they did not fight each other.

In DZ is much better although super annoying when you gone rogue by accident

We only got to experience the most basic of the game play though. We only got to try a very limited portion of the skill set (pulse, heal, sticky bomb and shield) and only one modification related to skills. We didn't even get any exposure to perks and talents. Skills are manually activated while talents seems to activate based on in game action and perks are passive and active as long as they are equipped. And we have no ideal how builds at later levels will affect game play. Some players may favor high dps while others may favor health or tech. I noticed some of the gear with the best modifiers also came with some of the worse. Tremendously boosting one stats while negatively affecting the others which may mean heavy focus in any one area may require being disadvantaged in the others.

Back