Tim Sweeney says G70 > R520

Status
Not open for further replies.
ondaedg said:
Geeforcer said:
Hellbinder said:
Even at the last E3 Ati's hardware ran circles around the current Nvidia tech in teh next gen Unreal Engine. There were many witnesses to this fact.

This is so inaccurate it's funny. Let's recap what really happened at GDC with regard to UE3:

Some guy: "OMG, I just say UE3 on NV40 and R420 (neither launched at the time), and it was great on R420 at 1024x768 and very slow at NV40 at 640x480"

Local contingent of ATI fanpeople:
"Haha, NV40 is obviously horrible! Our day is complete!"

jvd: "God, I hope this is true! ATI must own Nvidia, for the common good!" (It's that kind of even-handed approach that earns you a moderator position on B3D).

Epic people (In the immortal words of Mark Rein): "Complete bullshit!"

ATI fanpeople: "OMG, they are saying that NV40 does not suck compared to R420? Blasphemy! Clearly TWIMTBP money at work."

/curtains

Heh, don't forget to add WaltC telling everyone that Nvidia is obviously cheating on their benchmarks and will bring armageddon to mankind.

forgot to mention it will take him 3 pages to tell everyone.

i was thinking the same thing in regards to jvd tho.

HVZ said:
ondaedg said:
Geeforcer said:
Hellbinder said:
Even at the last E3 Ati's hardware ran circles around the current Nvidia tech in teh next gen Unreal Engine. There were many witnesses to this fact.

This is so inaccurate it's funny. Let's recap what really happened at GDC with regard to UE3:

Some guy: "OMG, I just say UE3 on NV40 and R420 (neither launched at the time), and it was great on R420 at 1024x768 and very slow at NV40 at 640x480"

jvd: "God, I hope this is true! ATI must own Nvidia, for the common good!" (It's that kind of even-handed approach that earns you a moderator position on B3D).

ATI fanpeople: "OMG, they are saying that NV40 does not suck compared to R420? Blasphemy! Clearly TWIMTBP money at work."

/curtains

Heh, don't forget to add WaltC telling everyone that Nvidia is obviously cheating on their benchmarks and will bring armageddon to mankind.

Blasphemy!
How can you ignore THE TRUTH(TM)! You must clearly be an nVidia fanboi! :rolleyes:

Repent or you will end up in DLL-HELL! :devilish:

;)

N00b said:
HVZ said:
ondaedg said:
Geeforcer said:
Hellbinder said:

/curtains

Blasphemy!
How can you ignore THE TRUTH(TM)! You must clearly be an nVidia fanboi! :rolleyes:

Repent or you will end up in DLL-HELL! :devilish:

;)

ENOUGH WITH THE NESTED QUOTES ALREADY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back