The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am tempted to download it, but I know if I do I will probably get the sack for wasting company bandwidth :LOL:

There is also stream version up there. ;)

He is still downloading the same video only that it is streamed (end mbyte result same) unless it is of lower quality, heh!

About the ss, the cars do look well made (really good) and nice shine on the cars!

The garage scene is the same as the opening of GT4 but runs realtime at 1080p/60fps.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/07/17/103,1184675635,75348,0,0.html

h-103_75348_gt1.jpg.jpg

Ahh the car passing triggers a simulation of a wind effect on the grass, impressed (such small details builds up the atmosphere in these games, speed FTW)!
I don't know if it's the crappy animated gif, but it just looks like two textures, one for up and one flat not any sort of simulated grass being blown by wind.

I don't know if it's the crappy animated gif, but it just looks like two textures, one for up and one flat not any sort of simulated grass being blown by wind.

It would be easier to have a carboard with a single alpha texture and a simple vertex shader applied to simulate wind.This is what they have done here.

The grass patch texture bends goes down and up just in 2 steps but it is a "simulation" of wind affecting it when the car passes (perhaps 'faking wind effect' is a better choise of word). Still a nice simple little effect that adds to the game! :smile:

h-103_75348_SCE_GRANTURISMO5Prologue_03s.jpg.jpg

Seven different models?

Maybe 8, as I think that's an R8 in front and the similar looking one at the back is a TT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back