The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, gonna try one more time: anyone have a quick link to the trailer *with* the sound of that Ferarri in it? I would love to find out for myself how authentic the sound is...

thaaaaanks! ;)

This game is amazing. I've been playing it trying to get top honors in the rankings for the past 2 days straight. I've managed to get most of the cars into the top 100, but watching the number 1-5 slots is just like watching a computer make a perfect lap around the track lol. I think I might need to pick up a steering wheel. =)

As far as the graphics, the replay definitely looks better then in-game. This is mostly due to the DoF, and awesome camera angles; but I expected that. I just race in game to get hot laps and then really oogle what I just accomplished in the replay mode. I did notice that in one of the posts comparing it to two shots from some other game, the TV that GT:HD Concept was being played on clearly had a brag sticker claiming 720p/1080i capability. I'm sorry, but this game really deserves to be played in its 1080p glory.

I was stuck playing at 480i over the composite cable the PS3 came with for a few hours. Then my HDMI cable arrived by post a few hours after fed-ex showed up with the PS3. While the game was fun and still looked decent at 480i, obviously playing at 1080p is complete night and day.

With that said, I'll try and get some shots of it on my 1080p 65" DLP. It truly is gorgeous. I don't think theres a photo mode or anything? and I'm not aware of any functionality to pause the replay, so I'll see what I can do.

It was free for America and Japan too. ;)

Sony put out a non-news press release pimping GTHD Concept for the European launch, I assume that's what GameFront is reporting on.

Whens the next that we'll hear of this game?
I'm not quite sure, but I think they said we would see GT5 at a tokyo auto show later in the year. I think they also mentioned they may update the GTHD demo on the PS Store with some new stuff later as well.

Magic Box reported some time ago that there will be a GT5 Prologue in the fall, and GT5 in 2008. But no other sites reported that information to my knowledge, so it might just be a rumour.....

1.2 GT: HD Update

PS3 store offers new version of Gran Turismo HD

Sony Corp. on Thurs. announced that it has began offering a new version of Gran Turismo HD Concept to the Playstation Store. Gran Turismo HD Concept v. 1.2 adds worldwide rankings on the Playstation Network and force feedback support for compatible steering wheels.

Players can view the top 10 worldwide rankings for each car and mode, and race with Logitech peripherals, including the Driving Force, Driving Force Pro, and Driving Force EX steering wheels.

Sweet! Hopefully some more pictures leak out ...

They do something like this every year. Sometimes some very big prizes can be won, too.

Looks great (as expected)

I really do hope they release a couple more demos on PSN.

Maybe a limited release of the The Le Mans one would be a nice touch, like only available to download/play over the weekend.

Oh momma, yes, that does look awesome. :oops: Those are some well-lit and beautifully detailed trees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back