The Framerate Analysis Thread part 2

Not really, I have seen some huge slowdowns in places (less than 15FPS), and that was only an hour or so into the game.
Which area ? I have never encountered any drop of that magnitude until now.
From my observation the only times the game drops frames 'by a large margin' is when there are 5-6 characters standing together during conversations & even then it feels to be in high teens to low 20s. Below 15 is just too jerky to not get noticed.

Which area ? I have never encountered any drop of that magnitude until now.
From my observation the only times the game drops frames 'by a large margin' is when there are 5-6 characters standing together during conversations & even then it feels to be in high teens to low 20s. Below 15 is just too jerky to not get noticed.

Normandy's engine room, looking at the engine core.

Normandy's engine room, looking at the engine core.
I've never looked it up that close & why would you be looking at the engine core in the first place ? ;) You get this type of framedrops in most games.

Eg. UC2 is considered phenomenal in framerate stability but you'll probably see the framerate drop to 15s when you look at the water that's moving through the stairs in the area when you get out of the Temple & it rains. In Gears of War 2 MP if you pan the camera towards an area full of blood & zoom onto it so that the whole screen is displaying that blood splatter you will have framedrops on the low teens. But this doesn't means the whole game runs like that cause AFAIK .

Eg. UC2 is considered phenomenal in framerate stability but you'll probably see the framerate drop to 15s when you look at the water that's moving through the stairs in the area when you get out of the Temple & it rains.

Cant recall that

I've never looked it up that close & why would you be looking at the engine core in the first place ? ;) You get this type of framedrops in most games.

Because it has a walkway that allows you to go have a look at it.
And when I said less than 15 FPS I was meaning a lot less, in that place it was some like 7ish FPS.

That was not the only place it had drops but it was the worse.

Eg. UC2 is considered phenomenal in framerate stability but you'll probably see the framerate drop to 15s when you look at the water that's moving through the stairs in the area when you get out of the Temple & it rains. In Gears of War 2 MP if you pan the camera towards an area full of blood & zoom onto it so that the whole screen is displaying that blood splatter you will have framedrops on the low teens. But this doesn't means the whole game runs like that cause AFAIK .

It is funny that you say that because the points that ME2 slowed down also seem to be caused by overdraw.

It is funny that you say that because the points that ME2 slowed down also seem to be caused by overdraw.
And that is exactly the reason why I mentioned those points,cause in both cases you have low FPS due to screen filled with overdraw.

Cant recall that
Which is why things like those should not be mentioned to judge the framerate cause those are once in a blue moon cases.

When I was going out of that woman's room [Sleazy Place] & ad my character's face near the camera I noticed the tearing to be present in the game for the first time.

Apart from the conditions you mentioned about the Crime scene clip, the game also tears where you are looking for evidence inside that tent like thing which has the dead body.

That was quite disappointing analysis video consisting of tight area cutscenes and small concealed battles for a fraction of the analysis video. No running around in crowded areas or larger battles etc. :S

Ironically the game drops the most amount frames in cutscenes, even more than gameplay. [talking about ME2 here]. Also, I thought ME2 was V-synced :p

Ironically the game drops the most amount frames in cutscenes, even more than gameplay. [talking about ME2 here]. Also, I thought ME2 was V-synced :p

Interesting as in their other video with more gameplay it dropped down to 20-25fps in combat especially with explosions and such. Was no big battles either.

Back