Starfield [XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

My media room setup is now TV almost 3 meters away, combined with my eyes that need new glasses prescriptions.... I'm ready for 4k Starfield!
Fixed for me :D

Gonna hook up the Steam Deck to the BAMF setup in the media room and let the 3080Ti and 5950x belt out some frames on 85" of Sammy QLED goodness.

i also preloaded. will be interesting to see how my trusty 980 ti and i7-5930K@4.3GHz will handle it

ive been thinking of building a new machine for years but ...

Not sure I'll be ready with the 30 fps... Hopefully in the near future they will allow VRR for unstable higher than 30fps.
Xbox hasn't supported 40 and unlocked framerates the way Sony has. Which I find pretty irritating.
As long as its generally above is it 42fps the base for VRR on XS, then just give a toggle for unlocked fps.

I also understand VRR isn't the cure all for everything.

I hope it supports specifying the output monitor. It's surprising how many games don't or have issues with alternate output, especially with HDR.

I hope it supports specifying the output monitor. It's surprising how many games don't or have issues with alternate output, especially with HDR.
I'm terms of PC, I'm really curious what fearures and options in general it's going to support.
I'm not really expecting a lot. But hopefully will be pleasantly suprised.
I do expect accessibility options though, as that's something xbox had been pushing.

Xbox hasn't supported 40 and unlocked framerates the way Sony has. Which I find pretty irritating.
As long as its generally above is it 42fps the base for VRR on XS, then just give a toggle for unlocked fps.

I also understand VRR isn't the cure all for everything.
AFAIK Xbox supports LFC so vrr can drops down to 30fps fine. But yeah seems no vrr games goes as low as 30fps.

Its Sony that doesn't support lfc

AFAIK Xbox supports LFC so vrr can drops down to 30fps fine. But yeah seems no vrr games goes as low as 30fps.

Its Sony that doesn't support lfc
Don't believe LFC goes that low.
And if it does, may not lot look that good.
Can't remember all the specifics about VRR and LFC on xbox.
But think you would be looking at a locked 30 mode, and ability to unlock others as decent (minimum option) imo

There will probably be a 60fps mode on Xbox Series consoles as well. Players can easily fight it out, there is an option for FSR on the console as well.

There will probably be a 60fps mode on Xbox Series consoles as well. Players can easily fight it out, there is an option for FSR on the console as well.
Currently only 30fps on console.
May get patched in at a later date, but I wouldn't hold my breath or put of playing waiting for it.

i also preloaded. will be interesting to see how my trusty 980 ti and i7-5930K@4.3GHz will handle it

Those earlier k-series i7's (which are now the i9's) were beasts. I rode my 4.5Ghz 3930k C2 stepping (so it unofficially supported PCIe 3 on the x79 chipset), quad channel 32GB of ram, and pair of Sammy Pro 850 SSD's for an entire decade before finally swapping it out last year for my current 5950x build. That old orig enjoyed a few different video cards; a Radeon 5850 is how it started, then a 7970 Ghz Edition, then a 980Ti, then a 1080Ti until I finally decom'd it. That rig was so good for so long...

Well technically you're below system requirements for GPU and CPU, VRAM especially might be an issue. Likely it will run ok at 1080p?

Yep, streamers are now live playing.

Upscaling is FSR2 and CAS. VRS is available. Everything else looks fairly normal. Output display selection is also available, yay.

Edit: I didn't see HDR as an option... hopefully because it just wasn't detected??

Back