Starfield [XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

i really like the jacket but can't justify $80 bucks on a video game jacket lol
I've never bought a themed accessory or special game edition anything before but I needed a new controller for my PC to replace my almost ten-year old Xbox One controller, and I went for the Starfield Xbox Series controller.

It's nice! The rubber grips really alter the feel in your hands. :yes:

I've never bought a themed accessory or special game edition anything before but I needed a new controller for my PC to replace my almost ten-year old Xbox One controller, and I went for the Starfield Xbox Series controller.

Haven't either, but I was vacationing in Spain for two weeks (came back yesterday) and picked a pair of Starfield controllers from local MediaMarkt, one for my son and one for me.

I am very much looking forward to this game. And not only that, but how it performs both technically and sales-wise.

I have a feeling it will smash BG3's 800K concurrent users record and am guessing it will hit 1M pretty easily. Especially if the game gets good reviews..

I have a feeling it will smash BG3's 800K concurrent users record and am guessing it will hit 1M pretty easily. Especially if the game gets good reviews..
I think a lot of people will consume this through Game Pass from the Xbox Store for next to no money so I'm also curious how it performs. for those budget-conscious purchasers intending to buy the game eventually, Game Pass is going to be an appealing way get the game.

I think a lot of people will consume this through Game Pass from the Xbox Store for next to no money so I'm also curious how it performs. for those budget-conscious purchasers intending to buy the game eventually, Game Pass is going to be an appealing way get the game.
For sure. It will be very interesting to see how it does. However, I think you'll see a surprising amount of people choose Steam over GamePass regardless on PC. I look at games like Sea of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4/5 which had massive amounts of Steam gamers despite GamePass. Starfield is a more PC centric game than any of those.. I think it will skew that way.

This game has a few other things going for it in particular on PC..

-It's a space related RPG/Sim
-It's the next big Bethesda game (also new IP)
-Mods make the Steam version more appealing
-It's an Xbox exclusive (some PS fans will undoubtedly buy/play the game on their PCs)
-Ability to find it a bit cheaper on 3rd party sites like GreenmanGaming and Fanatical, ect ect

But yes, I definitely agree there will be a ton of people who also simply play/try the game on GamePass. This game will be the biggest indicator yet about how GamePass influences players purchasing decisions on PC. I really hope it does well for MS though. I'd love to see 1M concurrent players on Steam and for Xbox to be able to announce massive engagement numbers on GamePass. They need some positive energy!

This game has a few other things going for it in particular on PC..

-It's a space related RPG/Sim
-It's the next big Bethesda game (also new IP)
-Mods make the Steam version more appealing
-It's an Xbox exclusive (some PS fans will undoubtedly buy/play the game on their PCs)
-Ability to find it a bit cheaper on 3rd party sites like GreenmanGaming and Fanatical, ect ect
I'm assuming most PC Starfield players will be like myself, those who have played Bethesda ES and FO titles in the past and invested many many hours/years in them. So in addition to above, ownership forever with the assumption they'll be playing it on and off for years means purchase on Steam instead of GP. At minimum, a $1 trial of GP then a purchase on Steam.

I think very few older players would purchase full product on Xbox store either, if they're going to buy they're going to on Steam.

It's nice! The rubber grips really alter the feel in your hands. :yes:
yea the controller is awesome. I grabbed that and the headset because as a ms alumni i get 50% off . Amazing deals on it. I love that the triggers are see through

And the game is getting it's own themed chair. :p

Regards,
SB

They've totally half assed this chair. It does not feel thematically like proper Star Citizen Merchandise whatsoever.

A proper SC chair would be sold under an early-acess contract in which you get only the seat and one of the arm rests (broken) but you are given a roadmap for wheb you can expect the other pieces to be manufactured and shipped to you, but those are often dellayed in favour of new custom seat covers they cant stop creating and selling for the price of multiple new chairs.

They've totally half assed this chair. It does not feel thematically like proper Star Citizen Merchandise whatsoever.

A proper SC chair would be sold under an early-acess contract in which you get only the seat and one of the arm rests (broken) but you are given a roadmap for wheb you can expect the other pieces to be manufactured and shipped to you, but those are often dellayed in favour of new custom seat covers they cant stop creating and selling for the price of multiple new chairs.

While I like where you are going with this, it's a Starfield not Star Citizen chair. ;)

For a Starfield chair it'd be more along the lines of the Chair that you received would have casters that would sometimes not work and you'd have to wait until they redesigned the castors to fix the issues they were having before having working ones shipped to you. The armrests might or might not work and it might take 2 or 3 redesigns before they worked properly. Etc. :D

Regards,
SB

While I like where you are going with this, it's a Starfield not Star Citizen chair. ;)

For a Starfield chair it'd be more along the lines of the Chair that you received would have casters that would sometimes not work and you'd have to wait until they redesigned the castors to fix the issues they were having before having working ones shipped to you. The armrests might or might not work and it might take 2 or 3 redesigns before they worked properly. Etc. :D

Regards,
SB

Oh, damn it, confused the two games. I made an ass of myself. hahaha

This could be a really cool event if true. Can't wait to see if they come up with.

I have spoken before that I worked at gamestop way back in my youth (dreamcast/ps1 days) and loved the midnight events. I even loved the switch launch/zelda event my local gamestop did. They had multiple events set up where you'd battle it out in smash/ kart and wii sports and the winners got gift cards of different amounts. It was a lot of fun. One of the previous mortal kombats they held at a tgif resturant and people cos played and there were more battle events.

So lots of found memories.

It's been leaked that Starfield review codes are being distributed on Thursday which gives reviewers a solid two weeks before early access, which more or less confirms a review embargo date of 31 August.

That's a generous period for reviewers to complete the main quest (which Todd Howard said was around 40 hours), as well as spent time on other major quests lines, explore and so on. But it's a Bethesda game so people will be uncovering easter eggs and obscure content for years to come.

It's been leaked that Starfield review codes are being distributed on Thursday which gives reviewers a solid two weeks before early access, which more or less confirms a review embargo date of 31 August.

That's a generous period for reviewers to complete the main quest (which Todd Howard said was around 40 hours), as well as spent time on other major quests lines, explore and so on. But it's a Bethesda game so people will be uncovering easter eggs and obscure content for years to come.

I think the embargo might be on the 1st because apparently influencers and other social media people will be getting access on the 1st like preorders.

With the 2 weeks for review I think the game is going to be pretty solid for a bethesda single player release. Might be the best we have had in a long time. But if bethesda felt they were going to release last year and got another year to polish the game and work out bugs I would hope it was one of their better launches.

This game is going to get ripped for bugs and performance issues. It just will.

Not saying it'll be poorly reviewed or be bashed like CP2077 or anything, but it's not going to be forgiven for its issues like BG3 because people are already warming up their hands like they're trying to ignite a fire between them in anticipation of this game's actual release. It's been very popular to crap on Bethesda in the past ~5 years or so, so they will not get the benefit of the doubt something like BG3 does.

But it will likely still be a big success nonetheless, and I honestly have no clue how 'professional' critics will react to it.

As long as it does not have some game breaking bugs which discourges people from trying everything, I'm not worried. I enjoyed Skyrim when it's released, I also liked Cyberpunk 2077 (I played it on a reasonable computer so I encountered very few bugs). I believe it can't be too much worse than these two.

Back