Starfield [XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

From the little I've heard, it sounds like a very solid XS versions. (DF)
Very 'slow' start to the game which in this day and age could put people off when so many good games around.
Fair bit of loading, but a really good game

What MS, xbox, gamepass, XSS all needed, a very good 1P game that shows the value of all listed.

Congrats to Bethesda and Xbox

Hrrrrnnngggg YAAASSSS MY BODY IS READY!

starfield_unpack-png.9523

Attachments

• starfield_unpack.png
    starfield_unpack.png
    399.2 KB · Views: 132
Microsoft is fooling us lol. On steam you already can play but on Xbox, it says too early.

Premium on Xbox... Ugh

How the actual eff do you have the luck?!? :D I mean it in a friendly way, but man you somehow get all the crazy computer things to happen to you on a VERY frequent basis! LOL

Oh, for anyone in here who let Steam fully unpack the game but the Play button is grayed out? Fully exit from Steam and then re-launch it.

How the actual eff do you have the luck?!? :D I mean it in a friendly way, but man you somehow get all the crazy computer things to happen to you on a VERY frequent basis! LOL
It's actually a very clever gaming detail from Bethesda.

Intro Spoilers!

Your boss will scold Benning, one of the miner, for taking a rest.

Benning then will continue working WHILE ASLEEP!

So unlike other miners that automatically stops mining when you come close, Benning will happily laser you to death.

Unless you talk to Benning, and woke Benning up.

This also reveals your default character is male.

Yes definitely well threaded for CPU. It's very GPU intensive as well though, far more than I had thought. My 3090 sits at about 90% usage at 2560x1080 and uses about 4-5Gb of VRAM during the intro area...

Edit: And that's at 75% render scaling!!

huh the 30fps is looking very nice in this game on my LG CX. not as smooth looking as the last of us. but still smooth enough.

btw the "conversation" scene in this game is not good... it tried to be "you are inside this game world, so we are showing conversations in 1st person camera". but fumbled spectacularly. especially with the very jarring camera cuts. suprisingly, im okay with the animatronic facial animation.

i wonder why they didnt copy what CDPR did with cyberpunk 2077. it was amazing. and cyberpunk 2077 has been out for ages..... and now typing this, i just remembered starfield also has been in development for ages. so yeah, copying CP2077 would change way too much in starfield mid development.

I'm not sure if it's that straight forward. How BGS games subdivide their world does seem to benefit the content creation side in terms of modularity and has an immense impact on the modding scene. I for one would prefer that trade off stay in place.
maybe , the engine is from 97 so who knows what can be done. Not even sure if any direct io stuff is in this. At the very least they can mask it with dynamic load screens or playable load screens

Well it certainly works, using latest DLSS DLLs. It's a softer image than FSR2, but it produces less artefacts on some distant objects and less temporal instability. There's some obvious issues I found during the intro sequence at the landing pad area just before you get on the Frontier for the first time which are very much reduced with DLSS.

i wonder why they didnt copy what CDPR did with cyberpunk 2077. it was amazing. and cyberpunk 2077 has been out for ages..... and now typing this, i just remembered starfield also has been in development for ages. so yeah, copying CP2077 would change way too much in starfield mid development

There was a bit of chat about that, probably earlier in this thread. Don't know if we reached any conclusion other than devs can't do everything.

Cyberpunk use Jali as part of their character for lip sync throughout the game. I assume Bethesda are using some iterated from their prior games.

Back