Lies of P [XBSX|S, PS5, PC, XGP] - Pinocchio meets Bloodborne

SOOOO Of course I bought this on sale and what an amazing game. Some bosses (especially one very annoying one I just killed after 1000000 tries) are annoying AF. But yeah, amazing game.
Yeah i was a bit put off by the demo but the full game oh boooooy. What an amazing game.

I normally don't get on that well with soulslike games (I own Elden RIng and plan to go back to it but playing it made me feel a bit sick). Have to admit this is really good though. Still feels like at times there's perhaps too many systems to keep track of and things aren't always explained very well (which I guess is part of the charm of these games) but it's really well put together.

I might have to abandon this one, sadly. The rafters and jumping in the cathedral chapel are really turning me off the game. I'm fine with the tough fights, but the platforming is atrocious.

I might have to abandon this one, sadly. The rafters and jumping in the cathedral chapel are really turning me off the game. I'm fine with the tough fights, but the platforming is atrocious.
I think you might almost be at the end, if the cathedral is the kind of run down ruined place where your going up in a circular type way your pretty much on the last level.

edit: nvm I think I have the wrong area, you may have ment the place mid way through so yeh ignore me saying push on.

It's just the platforming that I really object to. I don't understand why they made the jump button the left stick press. It's pretty frustrating to get 15 minutes into a section after expertly defeating 10 enemies only to die because I can't seem to make the jump between two cog wheels and fall to my death. It's the antithesis of fun. Too many good games on GP for me to bother anymore.

It's just the platforming that I really object to. I don't understand why they made the jump button the left stick press. It's pretty frustrating to get 15 minutes into a section after expertly defeating 10 enemies only to die because I can't seem to make the jump between two cog wheels and fall to my death. It's the antithesis of fun. Too many good games on GP for me to bother anymore.
I played with mouse and kb and I think it was like the souls games having to double tap the run button, which wasn't ideal either and cost me a few deaths. I have a lot of keys give me a dedicated jump. I wouldn't miss if they removed that kinda stuff from the genre aswell, from software are somewhat guilty of it in nearly all their games aswell.

Back