Starfield [XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

That is the most useless infographic for PC performance I have ever seen. Graphics quality settings and frame rates? Nope.

Well done, AMD. :nope: On the plus side, AMD's "Legendary Experience 4K" specifications are way below my hardware, so yay. :runaway:

You can't list frame rates or quality settings because even if you and I have the exact same computer , you can be loading into the game after a fresh reboot and I can be loading into the game with 300 chrome tabs open while watching youtube videos .

The middle spec did state max graphics settings so that would apply to the top one too.

Which incidentally all but confirms no RT if that wasn't confirmed already.

The middle spec did state max graphics settings so that would apply to the top one too.

Which incidentally all but confirms no RT if that wasn't confirmed already.
makes sense since the game was in development for 8 years. Maybe fallout 5 or elder scrolls 6 will have it

You can't list frame rates or quality settings because even if you and I have the exact same computer , you can be loading into the game after a fresh reboot and I can be loading into the game with 300 chrome tabs open while watching youtube videos .
Sure you can, it's not a guarantee and only used as a general estimation of what you can expect.
Not like we haven't seen other titles list quality with framerate values
makes sense since the game was in development for 8 years. Maybe fallout 5 or elder scrolls 6 will have it
We've seen RT bolted on to many titles, I suspect just as possible here. But that's probably the least of their problems/priories that's all.

I suppose will be interesting if it gets added down the line or not. They just may not think the additional benefit is not worth it in this case.

Even with basically industry redefining CPU thread scaling the hardware differences would not account for 30fsp 1080p vs 60 fps 1440p difference. GPU wise the 6800XT is not even x2 faster at the same resolution.

Even AMD may underestimate legendary bethesdas cpu an gpu utilization. Those stolen forks and snacks exists in quantum reality no matter how much IPC, memory and I\O. Spacetime is warped, be it for celeron 700mhz, mighty Cell or zen 4 no one escapes mighty Beths reworked engines like a clockwork. Drops to 20 are obviously waste of breath on X but amd might pieced tricky partner for promotion.

Sure you can, it's not a guarantee and only used as a general estimation of what you can expect.
Not like we haven't seen other titles list quality with framerate values

We've seen RT bolted on to many titles, I suspect just as possible here. But that's probably the least of their problems/priories that's all.

I suppose will be interesting if it gets added down the line or not. They just may not think the additional benefit is not worth it in this case.
Except people will think its a guarantee and then negative articles and reviews will be posted. That is why it isn't done.

Game seems to look good enough already. Lighting is very nice, whatever the solution is. Dont think RT is really needed, and perhaps would only pile onto the inevitable 'unoptimized' complaints from people who dont understand why certain games are more demanding than others.

I think given the inevitable modding scene for this, leaving it to them to include new graphics solutions could make sense here.

Except people will think its a guarantee and then negative articles and reviews will be posted. That is why it isn't done.
Things like high fps or whatever it said will just get ripped apart anyway. With more of a reason.
So for lots of pc gamers high fps means 240fps, is that what they meant, or 120?

Things like high fps or whatever it said will just get ripped apart anyway. With more of a reason.
So for lots of pc gamers high fps means 240fps, is that what they meant, or 120?
I think that relies on context.

While that may be true its worse when you state a FPS and then those hardware specs fail to meet it for whatever reason when it comes to the end user. High FPS is open for interpretation so if the configure ration is getting a 120fps some will say that is high frame rates and the others will say no. However if they say this configuration gets 120fps and then it gets 40fps because someone has a 100 chrome pages open and has a pc infected with viruses then the conversation becomes the stated fact by the company is false because the hardware doesn't get it. There is no interpretation in that fact.

Will it Steam Deck? It will tell me what I can expect or not expect on my mini pc. :)
we don't know yet but it should might have to use FSR however

• MINIMUM:
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, Intel Core i7-6800K
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700, NVIDIA GeForce 1070 Ti
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 125 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: SSD Required
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, Intel i5-10600K
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 125 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: SSD Require

Game seems to look good enough already. Lighting is very nice, whatever the solution is. Dont think RT is really needed, and perhaps would only pile onto the inevitable 'unoptimized' complaints from people who dont understand why certain games are more demanding than others.
The game looks absolutely stunning, and with Bethesda trying to light the galaxy, and individual planets based on the position of suns, other light sources, and the impact of various atmospheric differences, I think an RT solar system would be a tall order for any game.

wih how moddable creation engine is, i think as long as starfield launches good enough, like what has been demoed, it will already be good. and modders can improve on that.

The game looks absolutely stunning, and with Bethesda trying to light the galaxy, and individual planets based on the position of suns, other light sources, and the impact of various atmospheric differences, I think an RT solar system would be a tall order for any game.
I still think this is the usual Todd Howard bullshittery and the lighting will end up being a single global light source that will be colored and diffused based on what they think it should look like.

I still think this is the usual Todd Howard bullshittery and the lighting will end up being a single global light source that will be colored and diffused based on what they think it should look like.
I'm only going on what was shown. You may be spot on in that most of the scene there is only a single source of light, i.e. the sun casting (or moon reflecting) light. But it still looks good. Linking to the specific section in the Direct where they talk about this.

Will it Steam Deck? It will tell me what I can expect or not expect on my mini pc. :)
This will be interesting to see. Starfield's minimum hardware requirement is 16Gb RAM and 8Gb VRAM and the SteamDeck has 16Gb LPDDR4 which is shared by CPU and GPU, and of which only 1Gb is guaranteed accessible by the GPU.

Because SteamDeck is a known hardware quantity, Bethesda may be able to create a bespoke SteamDeck performance profile but the lack of RAM is definitely going to be a challenge.

While that may be true its worse when you state a FPS and then those hardware specs fail to meet it for whatever reason when it comes to the end user. High FPS is open for interpretation so if the configure ration is getting a 120fps some will say that is high frame rates and the others will say no. However if they say this configuration gets 120fps and then it gets 40fps because someone has a 100 chrome pages open and has a pc infected with viruses then the conversation becomes the stated fact by the company is false because the hardware doesn't get it. There is no interpretation in that fact.
Looks like it is possible and far from the first game to give resolution and fps targets. And I'm sure unless the game performs extremely badly no one will criticise it. If it performs that badly it will get criticism regardless what it said for targets.

Looks like it is possible and far from the first game to give resolution and fps targets. And I'm sure unless the game performs extremely badly no one will criticise it. If it performs that badly it will get criticism regardless what it said for targets.

No one said it isn't possible. The question is what will be the backlash when people do not get that performance.

Back