Starfield [XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

I just rewatched the first fifteen minute reveal from last years, which was largely viewed as underwhelming, and it's a more interesting watch second time around because vastly more context is known about game and its mechanics. The early land, explore, gather resources, infiltrate the base and kill-some-pirates mission that didn't look too interesting previously is really appealing now as I imagine how I will approach it as a space stealth archer.

Last edited by a moderator:
By shooting space arrows to their knees?
Somehow I just know 90% of all my time in enemy and deserted bases is going to be crawling slowly through vents, dropping down to silently knife space pirates, while looting all their health kits and amassing 25,000,000 rounds of ammo but never using it because I'm saving it "for when I need it later".

Somehow I just know 90% of all my time in enemy and deserted bases is going to be crawling slowly through vents, dropping down to silently knife space pirates, while looting all their health kits and amassing 25,000,000 rounds of ammo but never using it because I'm saving it "for when I need it later".

As the saying goes ... "Work smarter not harder." ;) I'd be doing the same thing if I were playing it (tempted but it's still an open world game, bleh).

Regards,
SB

As the saying goes ... "Work smarter not harder." ;) I'd be doing the same thing if I were playing it (tempted but it's still an open world game, bleh).
It's a thousand open worlds game, haha! I do wonder if Starfield's increase in scope will make it appeal to folks who are not fans of open world games.

From what I've seen - and I know that is a fraction of what Starfield has to offer - you may be able to fly around, shoot pirates, land in specific points on planets for missions and largely ignore everything else. Which may not be too dissimilar to Mass Effect.

It was doable to ignore settlement building, and junk looting to craft and make weapons and armour in Fallout 4. None was necessary, but it was there for those who liked it, but you needed less junk if you were happy to just kill enemies, sell their gear, or repurpose it for yourself. Bethesda have gotten really good good at creating game mechanics that are optional extras for those who like them.

That is the most useless infographic for PC performance I have ever seen. Graphics quality settings and frame rates? Nope.

Well done, AMD. :nope: On the plus side, AMD's "Legendary Experience 4K" specifications are way below my hardware, so yay. :runaway:

It's just boring marketing information to sell AMD hardware. Barely worth mentioning here really.

That is the most useless infographic for PC performance I have ever seen. Graphics quality settings and frame rates? Nope.
Wonder if its 30fps and the one mentioning high fps is 60?

But yeah, fancy graphic with very basic details.
Better of saving time and money and just putting out the basic plain text requirements.

Wonder if its 30fps and the one mentioning high fps is 60?

But yeah, fancy graphic with very basic details.
Better of saving time and money and just putting out the basic plain text requirements.

Even with basically industry redefining CPU thread scaling the hardware differences would not account for 30fsp 1080p vs 60 fps 1440p difference. GPU wise the 6800XT is not even x2 faster at the same resolution.

Back