Starfield [XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

STARFIELD STANDARD EDITION
Includes:
- Starfield base game
Starfield Standard Edition is included with Xbox Game Pass. Game disc included with physical purchases of Xbox Standard Edition. Game code included with physical purchases on PC Standard edition.
Same drama as with Redfall

What's the drama?
I'm also interested. There has to be a point where shipping multiple discs isn't worth it and I've never understood the apparent data limitation for Xbox Series discs when the console can read 100Gb Blu-ray 4K discs. Perhaps a SmartDelivery limitation? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm also interested. There has to be a point where shipping multiple discs isn't worth it and I've never understood the apparent data limitation for Xbox Series discs when the console can read 100Gb Blu-ray 4K discs. Perhaps a SmartDelivery limitation? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Is it this part
Game code included with physical purchases on PC Standard edition.
As in on console disc doesn't have game code on it?
I didn't follow all the Redfall drama, only know about the 30fps and game not being particularly well regarded and buggy.

Like you say, as its not cross gen and only needs to work on XSX could easily go with the higher density discs.

Is it this part

As in on console disc doesn't have game code on it?
I didn't follow all the Redfall drama, only know about the 30fps and game not being particularly well regarded and buggy.

Like you say, as its not cross gen and only needs to work on XSX could easily go with the higher density discs.
Console includes a disc, PC physical includes a code to redeem, no disc.

By drama I mean the situation that Redfall was also "digital only" before, until Bethesda had to officially clarify that it has a disc (on console)

Last edited:
Cooperation with AMD is mostly bad. Starfield could end up being a game that hardly stands out from the console version.

After the impressive Starfield videos of the last weeks and as a science fiction fan I actually really wanted to buy Starfield but if there is no raytracing and DLSS I definitely won't buy it. Raytracing is now mandatory for me.

I hope that my apprehensions will not come true.

z2v4ll.JPG

AMD's moves made it such that their involvement in any game is seen as a negative. The reactions are near universally negative on any available platform, youtube, forums, twitter, their own subreddit. Weird that nvidia would let such a gigantic PC game slip from them

z2v4ll.JPG

AMD's moves made it such that their involvement in any game is seen as a negative. The reactions are near universally negative on any available platform, youtube, forums, twitter, their own subreddit. Weird that nvidia would let such a gigantic PC game slip from them

AMD sponsorship wouldn’t be so bad if it actually added something to the game instead of taking it away. I think the last AMD rendering tech was TressFX.

Starfield will be sponsored by AMD. Looking forward to the sub-par FSR implementation and no DLSS.
This is troubling news for sure, but at the same time, this is a huge get for AMD. A game as big as this would usually partner with nVidia.

Starfield will be sponsored by AMD. Looking forward to the sub-par FSR implementation and no DLSS.

Oh well, any terrible performance (even if it's mostly CPU related) AMD will get hammered for it. Anyhow, this somewhat confirms no RT, because I wouldn't expect Bethesda to lean into something that ultimately hurts AMD performance when compared to it's competitors.

Bummer. On the flip side, Dlss mod is basically confirmed then

But this only goes so far. Often DLSS mods aren't fully fleshed into the graphic pipeline, but more so trying to brute force the feature. While it helps, it doesn't necessarily gain the performance of what a native and supported feature offers. Just my experience using certain DLSS mods in the past.

Back