Star Wars Battlefront [PS4, XO]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
Who else thinks the gameplay reveal at least on consoles won't look like the alpha in engine graphics shown earlier? But then again maybe achievable at 900p/30fps on PS4 by butchering the res.

I have my reservations even for PC, dozens of AI with a lot of action going on added, vehicles and stuff added into the scenes. It's a lot to ask for but maybe I'm overestimating it, or maybe it'll require a monster PC for 1080/60 with everything on. Not too long to go now.

I've been referring to the spoiler. So I am serious.
shit-just-got-real-o.gif

I am quite excited for this game! Hope DICE delivers...I also hope that they don't release a completely broken game.

Do we know if they have destruction in the game? A Star Wars Battlefield game with destruction...aaaaaamazing!

Who else thinks the gameplay reveal at least on consoles won't look like the alpha in engine graphics shown earlier? But then again maybe achievable at 900p/30fps on PS4 by butchering the res.

I'm fine with butchering the res.

I'd rather get a game the really pushed the technology even if it means that it's only going to be 900p/30fps with mediocre AA on console because if it's multiplatform, I can always get to 1080+p/60 on a PC.

I agree but wasn't the whole point of the old DICE Frostbite 2 presentations that their engine was targeting each last gen console and PC strengths?

They also had a large required install for last gen consoles and in many ways Battlefield 3 felt closer to a first party dev game than cross-platform.

I am quite excited for this game! Hope DICE delivers...I also hope that they don't release a completely broken game.

Do we know if they have destruction in the game? A Star Wars Battlefield game with destruction...aaaaaamazing!

The destruction was awesome and it sure would be cool.

I'm fine with butchering the res.

I'd rather get a game the really pushed the technology even if it means that it's only going to be 900p/30fps with mediocre AA on console because if it's multiplatform, I can always get to 1080+p/60 on a PC.

That's always gonna be the case probably and depending on how recent and how much $$$ the PC costs which dwarfs current gen consoles. At least the Battlefield 3/4/Hardline push more tech than the latest CoD game.

Then again DICE might have a more advanced and mature version of Frostbite. To me btw with having Visceral Games make Hardline...that's a dead give away to training to make Deadspace sequels.

Remember we all were in awe of Killzone 2 in game images...yet the Killzone games never went into mandatory installs last gen when they could have.

Yah, I don't really see why anyone is getting excited about a picture of a stormtrooper. Just show me the game footage already.

Game footage is almost certainly much less impressive. That's why we always get the bullshots on the hype train.

To be honest I don't really find that CG stomtrooper that impressive. It's a collection of reasonably simple shapes and materials, could've been done just like this a decade ago. But considering the genre of the game it's still a better choice than, say, a Rebel commando in ROTJ forest gear - much more iconic.

Although... now I wonder about whether you can also play as an Ewok... ;)

I'm fully on board on the game being 30fps, expecially since third person view will apparently be the default one. Just make it great, and PC gamers will extract more fps with ease.

Back