Star Wars Battlefront [PS4, XO]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
I actually like SWB. Much more so than BF4 (which I hardly play). I guess there is some unbalance issues they need to smooth out, but the gameplay is nearly flawless online.

SWB is much easier to get into, much simpler mechanics. BF4... Well if you haven't played any Battlefield game before it takes some getting used to. I remember when i first started playing Battlefield i would get killed repeatedly and it wasn't really fun. When it clicked though, so good. As pretty as SWB is, the mechanics are rather shallow which is what determines if the game will have longevity in the first place. On PC the difference is more exaggerated because there're so many quality online games available that SWB just doesn't quite cut it. I still expect it to be more than BFH but it'll be interesting to see if it surpasses BF3 in the long run because that game still has a lot of players on PC.

Last edited:
SWB is much easier to get into, much simpler mechanics. BF4... Well if you haven't played any Battlefield game before it takes some getting used to. I remember when i first started playing Battlefield i would get killed repeatedly and it wasn't really fun. When it clicked though, so good. As pretty as SWB is, the mechanics are rather shallow which is what determines if the game will have longevity in the first place. On PC the difference is more exaggerated because there're so many quality online games available that SWB just doesn't quite cut it. I still expect it to be more than BFH but it'll be interesting to see if it surpasses BF3 in the long run because that game still has a lot of players on PC.

And I think it's precisely the shallowness that'll give it some legs here. Complexity is one way that can lead to longevity for sure, but only for the small pocket of the player base willing to invest some serious time into it. The more casual audience is probably thankful for the simpler premise that is SW Battlefront because there's still enjoyment to be had for them after the first two weeks of online play have passed and the people with massive amounts of free time have gotten disgustingly competent at it. I mean ever played Street Fighter or Call of Duty online after a lengthy break? - It's no fun whatsoever.

Last edited:
I really, really like this game, but I wish it had more maps for Supremacy. I don't think it will keep my interest as long as BF4 has (still does).

Also, I'm just salivating at the thought of the next Battlefield game with there graphics.

On the topic of Battlefield vs Battlefront. Things such as these are part of the reason i will always prefer Battlefield over Battlefront. You can get really creative in Battlefield :LOL:

Of course, that doesn't mean i don't also appreciate how easy it is to jump in a Battlefront game just for fun.

Played the VR mission when I got home yesterday, even though it was over midnight and I had pulled an all-nighter the day before.

It made me so happy. This is what VR should be all about.

Dear DICE:
Forget about Battlefront 2 and just make us a X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter remake for VR. Thank you.

Yeah there's definitely no Pro enhancements so far.
Which I hope they will implement ASAP.

The detail in Bound spoiled me a lot regarding to resolution.

Back