Star Wars: Squadrons (EA) [XO, PS4, PC, VR]

This game is pretty tough on veteran mode for the campaign btw. I'm not that good as a pilot, so my understanding of any sort of dog fighting is fairly limited, dodging limited etc. I've had to be adjusting all my craft's stuff all the time, power levels, drifting, etc everything just to complete missions. You die so fast. I haven't tried ace, but if you die any faster and you get hit more, well.. lol. I hope I don't see you on the battlefield.

This game is pretty tough on veteran mode for the campaign btw. I'm not that good as a pilot, so my understanding of any sort of dog fighting is fairly limited, dodging limited etc. I've had to be adjusting all my craft's stuff all the time, power levels, drifting, etc everything just to complete missions. You die so fast. I haven't tried ace, but if you die any faster and you get hit more, well.. lol. I hope I don't see you on the battlefield.

Tie Fighter, then X-Wing vs Tie Fighter were two of the greatest games I ever played as a kid. If I could have told myself back then that in 30 years (holy shit am I that old??) I'd be playing it with near photorealistic graphics (at least by the standards of those days) in virtual reality, I think I'd have lost my mind.

I probably need to buy this.

Tie Fighter, then X-Wing vs Tie Fighter were two of the greatest games I ever played as a kid. If I could have told myself back then that in 30 years (holy shit am I that old??) I'd be playing it with near photorealistic graphics (at least by the standards of those days) in virtual reality, I think I'd have lost my mind.

I probably need to buy this.
It's definitely meant to be more fair between rebels and empire. The tie fighters don't have shields but take take a hard beating. Every ship can repair hull damage though. So that's sort of a MP equalizer.
It's an interesting game because in MP you need to have different roles, if everyone plays the same thing, you can't have a fighter that provides repair support, reloading missiles etc.

Can't you tune the deadzones on PC like you can on Xbox consoles?

Can't you tune the deadzones on PC like you can on Xbox consoles?
Oh yes but even when you set the deadzone at zero the game is adding it's own deadzone and you cant set a minus deadzone to compensate.
I'm trying to find the youtube video that demonstrates the problem..
60 CAD. So sub 55 USD
Would you also like the moon on a stick ;) Seriously thats not a lot of money for a hotas
Your limited to the Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas range
Q4W8TdH.jpg

They are identical apart from compatibility and button labels (ps: you can spilt the throttle and stick)
If your on the p.c you also have this option
Speedlink Black Widow XE £30
8pOcV2Y.jpg

Last edited:
So anybody care to speculate what is going on here?

https://www.ea.com/news/ea-nextgeneration-backwardscompatibility?isLocalized=true

Star Wars™: Squadrons

With Star Wars™: Squadrons, the team at Motive has created two different options for an improved experience on the Xbox Series X|S which you can choose between: one for better visual quality and another for better performance. If you choose to fly across the galaxy with improved visual quality, the game will have a better lighting model where it will run up to 1440p at 60 FPS on the Xbox Series S and up to 2160p at 60 FPS on the Xbox Series X. If you choose performance, the game will run up to 1440p at 120 FPS and up to 2160p at 120 FPS respectively. Motive also added a Variable Refresh Rate on/off option for those of you with a TV that supports the feature. Star Wars: Squadrons on the PlayStation 5 will run with improved lighting, at the same resolution and framerate as on the PlayStation 4 Pro. And, no matter the platform - Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Xbox Series X|S or PlayStation 5 - you can compete with other pilots through cross-platform play.

Reactions: Jay
Maybe they were put off by PS5 not supporting 1440p output resolution and not supporting VRR (variable refresh rate) features at launch. Or maybe they ran out of time to optimize for PS5?

Maybe they were put off by PS5 not supporting 1440p output resolution and not supporting VRR (variable refresh rate) features at launch. Or maybe they ran out of time to optimize for PS5?

Shouldn't make a difference, since the internal scaler will just adjust resolution.

It's a very strange decision as judging by the PS5 BC, the system can just run significantly better. You have to choose for it to be crippled like that. It's illogical to have it at Pro settings and framerate.

It's a very strange decision as judging by the PS5 BC, the system can just run significantly better. You have to choose for it to be crippled like that. It's illogical to have it at Pro settings and framerate.

Oh, yeah, I see what you're saying. They should be able to make other improvements over the 4Pro settings when on the PS5. How extensive is this "lighting improvements" they mentioned? At least its dynamic resolution, so it should be maxing out at 4K.

The fact that it states it has "improved lighting" must mean there is a PS5 version right? So it wouldn't be running in BC mode.

Seems like there just wasn't much work done for it....

Last edited:
Strange as could have even done 1080p120 for PS5.
Only thing I can think off is that it really needs VRR for it to be playable.

Nice to see XSS seemingly holding its own (relatively)
Wonder what file sizes are.
The fact that it states it has "improved lighting" must mean there is a PS5 version right? So it wouldn't be running in BC mode.

Seems like there just wasn't much work done for it....
The quality mode on XSX|S sounds like mainly the lighting also, so I wouldn't say not a lot of work done on PS5 in comparison, its really just missing 120fps mode from what I can tell so far

Back