Star Wars Battlefront [PS4, XO]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
So this is indeed an ingame asset, I know it's downsampled with uber AA and perhaps mental ray lighting but still astounded by the sheer smoothness of the mesh.
Ridiculous resolution of mesh. Total waste of resources if the assets are that quality. If you're standing that close to a storm trooper, that his head fills the view (in a 3rd person OTS perspective?), you're doing it wrong.

Hence I think they're fibbing. It'll be a reference model from which the assets are derived, maybe used in cutscene, or maybe the Super Ultra Ultra mode for PC. It won't be the model in the game running around shooting which'll be at best LODed down into something sensible, but even then starting from this quality would be pretty stupid.

Yeah agreed, I honestly don't expect actual gameplay model any where close to that fidelity. I think he worded it smartly as in in game asset but not necessarily real time, so could be prerendered in cutscene. Although if viewed in 3rd person at a distance it could almost look the same at a reasonable native res. A photomode would be most interesting :). Not long now..

This means that that the game won’t look this good, but the in-game version will still be based on the same model and texture, probably losing the perfect anti-aliasing, while lighting might be different as well.

So it's not in game. The lighting especially is what will make it look different. It was pretty obvious.

SW Celebration hall:
s6xE919.jpg

There's a small preview of the footage at the end of the new Star Wars movie trailer:

If that's how it actually looks I'm calling best graphics ever :oops:

Yeah that was the most important part of the trailer.

ARE YOU INSANE OR WHAT??? DAT TRAILER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Back