Sony PlayStation VR2 (PSVR2)

Re Village vr gameplays looks literaly like flat ps5 version, quality is so good.
Perhaps some VR capture has improved since I last tried watching ti (O/G PSVR era) because I recall it also captured the players head tilt and movements leading that the effect that looks like a a judder unstable camera.

E.g.

Reactions: snc
I think most people are using OBS with an OpenVR input plugin that captures the raw image from either eye and is then cropped down. Or they just window capture the spectator view.

Last edited:
The only drawback that I've heard from a person that has used it (itmeJP) is that it feels like it is made out of cheap plastic. Other than that the headset and the experience is very good. The controllers are good, but he still feels that the Valve Index controllers are superior.

Regards,
SB

The only drawback that I've heard from a person that has used it (itmeJP) is that it feels like it is made out of cheap plastic. Other than that the headset and the experience is very good. The controllers are good, but he still feels that the Valve Index controllers are superior.
The original PSVR felt like it was made from cheap plastic. I think part of that is wanting the device to be as light a possible.

Well Pavlov is not a graphical masterpiece though.
But that still show how effective foveated rendering can be, and coupled with eye tracking it should not be too noticeable.
It works good already on PSVR1 and Quest if you keep your focus on the center of the image of course.
There are also other techniques such as ASW on Quest 2, extensively used in GRID legends VR, which natively runs at 36fps then upped to 72fps, but it induces some warping effects around fast moving objets like wheels etc... but that effect can't be seen in the recorded videos.

Last edited:
I don't know much about VR racing but it seems to me there is some entrenched competition. It will be interesting to see what the sim enthusiasts say about GT7 VR.

Aren't asetto corsa iracing or dirt 2.0 the full games in VR on PC ?

And what about the excellent forgotten Driveclub VR which also was a full game with full races and even MP.

Back