Sony PlayStation VR2 (PSVR2)

I think they are building more PSVR2 than PSVR. Sony had problems keeping PSVR in stock for months after launch.

PSVR hit 1 million sales in June 2017. It launched in October 2016.

Interestingly, PSVR also launched with 30 titles. They said they were aiming for 50 by the end of 2016 (~2 months time).

It will be interesting to see what happens with the actual launch with brick & mortar stores involved too.

I think they are building more PSVR2 than PSVR. Sony had problems keeping PSVR in stock for months after launch.

PSVR hit 1 million sales in June 2017. It launched in October 2016.
Your data is wrong? https://www.roadtovr.com/report-sony-psvr-2-preorder-sales/

1675247019142.png

That's one million by March 2017. Forecasts for PSVR2 were 1.5 million for the year to March 2023 so definitely lower projection than PSVR's actual growth (as you'd expect, more expensive, tighter economy).

They look good, but worse than a standard "flat" game, and people who never tried VR don't know how transformative it is in the headset, so they might just stop at their "2D" impression of a VR game.

they can cheat👀😁 + Village, Horizon, Kayak looks good even flat

I've never tried but I imagine it's tricky. The immersion of VR is that you can quickly glance around at 120hz and everything is super smooth, plus the video feed is precisely oriented to the angle/tilt of your head and the way your interact with the world (hands/guns/steering-wheel etc) is placed where your hands are relative to your head and body.

You lose so much by detaching all this, I think it would look super weird. I've seen a fair bit of captured VR and use the slight motions of the head result in a jittery-jumpy 'camera' position.

I've never tried but I imagine it's tricky. The immersion of VR is that you can quickly glance around at 120hz and everything is super smooth, plus the video feed is precisely oriented to the angle/tilt of your head and the way your interact with the world (hands/guns/steering-wheel etc) is placed where your hands are relative to your head and body.

You lose so much by detaching all this, I think it would look super weird. I've seen a fair bit of captured VR and use the slight motions of the head result in a jittery-jumpy 'camera' position.
Re Village vr gameplays looks literaly like flat ps5 version, quality is so good.

Your data is wrong? https://www.roadtovr.com/report-sony-psvr-2-preorder-sales/

View attachment 8253

That's one million by March 2017. Forecasts for PSVR2 were 1.5 million for the year to March 2023 so definitely lower projection than PSVR's actual growth (as you'd expect, more expensive, tighter economy).
I just shamefully failed to notice that the 1 mill unit sales news post I found was some kind of delayed clickbait. It even has a reference to a previous news post by them from late February saying PSVR had reached 915,000 units sold.

I'm fairly excited for Saints & Sinners 2. But I hope they've tweaked the extreme respawn, mission timer and weapon degradation down a bit. It really reduced your ability to explore and get immersed.

I've played After the Fall a bit. That is by the Arizona Sunshine people. Team oriented wave shooter. I would describe it as a small scale Borderlands.

There's a graphically lush single player sci-fi shooter called Hubris coming to PSVR2 that might interest you guys. Very linear but a lot of variety.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Back