Rock paper shotgun goes off the deep end

eastmen

Legend
Supporter
Seems like starfield is really divisive.

Today Rock Paper shotgun a popular video game website posted this in regards to the live action trailer

1692769264819.png
1692769299141.png

Journalism has really dropped off in recent years. I thought IGN was bad but this is even worse than them

Today Rock Paper shotgun a popular video game website posted this in regards to the live action trailer

RPS is essentially British, with a certain type of irreverent humour. They can't just repost a straightforward press release for a live action piece of marketing for a very hyped game. The majority of folks here would chafe at the very thought!

It's just a silly response to the live action trailer marketing.

I'm not so sure, the title (trailer inspires more emotion than the game will) and the sign off (the need to express what's been bottled up) seem to imply a certain level of "fed-up-ed-ness" with the Bethesda way of making an open world with Starfield just being the latest example.

But I wouldn't characterize that as RPS jumping the rails. There are people that don't like how Bethesda's open world gameplay loop works (it's more about the player creating their own stories rather than the one being fed to them). Well, that probably carries to any open world game. :p

Regards,
SB

Back