Red Dead Redemption 2

Figured some of you may appreciate this screenshot, I know I did.

3440789-rdr2_8.jpg

Tommy McClain

Is that going to fit on a single Blu-Ray disk? Must be using some sort of compression surely.

yep, the PS4 doesn't support BD XL so it's compression or two disc game, just like in PS1 days ... download size should tell more.

Potentially, but FFXV is huuuuuge, so I don't doubt the possibility of a massive installation.

Hopefully it's two discs, just so I can briefly relive my childhood before WW3.

I've got a feeling the 100 GB requirement is because you need that much space of you download the game. PSN needs double the data for a download.

I'm expecting it to be 105Gb and that's "minimum install" size :runaway:

GTA V on PS4 (my Pro) is 68Gb and we know the map in RDR2 is bigger and more varied than GTA V. Textures also looks more detailed. I don't expect two discs but this is a game I'll be buying digitally because it's one of those games that I'm never going to sell. :nope:

I've got a feeling the 100 GB requirement is because you need that much space of you download the game. PSN needs double the data for a download.

Yep, all games need twice the space to download and install. I assume to unpack files? Either way I'd be surprised if it's over 60gb day one.

on reddit there's someone posting screenshot that there's other PSN user already playing RDR2!

yeah, PS4 is that weird, i think its also liike that on PS3 too. Why cant they use the files they download as the game itself like xbox 360... (dunno about X1)

bah my external and internal HDD are already full. I can get around 70GB free by deleting FFXV but that would be a hassle to redownload... I can plug another external HDD but PS4 only allows 1 :(

considering to stick 2TB SSHDD in the internal but i would need yet another 1TB HDD to backup...

I have a 50GB cap :cry:. Only get mobile on farm.

if you are on PS4, you can download the PKG file manually from sony's server to computer/phone/tablet, completely resumable, and then push it to PS4 via local proxy. I have done it multiple times, it always works, and sony hasnt ban me yet :D

you can get the links from nopaystation, but they are usually late. Much faster to simply sniff the network using Charles Proxy, get the link yourself, then download.

some of the moves and camera work remind of TLOU.
landscapes are beautiful, i think we are a step up above HZD graphically.

Definitely RDR2 is doing a whole lot more in interactivity and the rendering looks spot on. Love the shader they use for mud interactions

Back