Red Dead Redemption 2

their volumetric clouds look also really detailed and varied. And light shafts going through are very nice, I want to explore those vast plains now !

Agree. While volumetric clouds may look less realistic in some conditions, they add so much more atmosphere to the world.

Last edited:
As impressive as this new trailer looks I think Horizon The Frozen Wilds still has it beat in effects, density of detail per square meter and character models (main and npc). I think these two games are neck and neck, neither is a step beyond another.
http://forums.baldmove.com/discussion/4336/horizon-zero-dawn-the-frozen-wilds
Both do look much better than all the Asscreed games tho. Spiderman is probably the only open world game out now that visually looks better but having a smaller scale.

i feel old

curiously enough, the video doesn't have many views, were the game to be published nowadays things would change, that's for sure.

You can see the aliasing and the "low" resolution of the game, by today's standards, in that video, too. And the difference between animation quality between RDR and RDR2 is staggering. That being said, wish RDR2 can give me -on the PC- the many hours of fun the original gave me on the X360 before Skyrim was released.

As impressive as this new trailer looks I think Horizon The Frozen Wilds still has it beat in effects, density of detail per square meter and character models (main and npc). I think these two games are neck and neck, neither is a step beyond another.
http://forums.baldmove.com/discussion/4336/horizon-zero-dawn-the-frozen-wilds
Both do look much better than all the Asscreed games tho. Spiderman is probably the only open world game out now that visually looks better but having a smaller scale.

Honestly, it's difficult to make a definitive judgment. We need to see more videos of RD2. But i do agree that the game seems to have the scale of AC games, but with better assets.

While most outlets got the same 2-3 hours play time, GameSpot got five hours. These are their impressions of those five hours.

While most outlets got the same 2-3 hours play time, GameSpot got five hours. These are their impressions of those five hours.

That's due to They got special privileges or because they are bad at rdr2, or too much observing tiny details, thus needing 5 hours to do the segment compared to others only In 2-3hrs

That's due to They got special privileges or because they are bad at rdr2, or too much observing tiny details, thus needing 5 hours to do the segment compared to others only In 2-3hrs

Nope. :nope: Watch the video, they got missions and interactions that nobody else got.

wow, those previews are building up a lot of hype. Seems like this game will take cinematic role playing to new heights! damn it, am I intrigued now...

I wonder if the game is gonna end up being as poignant as RDR. Played a bit of it the other day on 360 in prep for a video I'm making for YT. The game definitely looks a bit rough, but honestly it did back in 2010 in the sub-720p PS3 version I played. I was too used to my Radeon 5850!

It looks like there will be different dialogue if you have your mini map switched off. Giving you better directions to your goal.
that's quite original and it makes the world feel more alive and real, inducing exploration.

Even with the compass though, when I played Skyrim I usually got lost in between missions. There were a lot of things to do, lots of potential distractions, and the compass became a decorative element. But it is good to have it, to enhance the realism if you feel like it.

Redbull spent six hours with RDR2 and decided to spend that trying to find a fishing rod. :???:

This is a great read, exploring a bunch of mechanics I've not read about elsewhere and the experience exemplifies why Rockstar are masters of the open world and how you'll be entertained even when accomplishing very little.

Less than two weeks out. :runaway:

Last edited by a moderator:
A week ago 3djuegos posted their take on a second 5-6 sessions with RDR2. It's naturally in Spanish but here's a link to Google's English translation, it's not perfect but you get the gist and it includes more tidbits I've not read elsewhere. Basically, I'm trailing the current resetera preview thread by about 40 pages so picking up articles linked to days ago.

One snippet from the 3djuegos [translated] on the violence in the game:

3djuegos said:
The violence of Red Dead Redemption 2 does not admit half measures, it is devastating. If we even knock down our contender, we can grab him by the lapels on the ground and punch him as if there were no tomorrow. The punches of the game of Rockstar are not nonsense, each of them is filling the face of the recipient with blood and bruises. Arthur can be left "handsome", yes, but he can also do it with others.

Catching someone from the chest, knocking him down on the floor and hitting him in the face to disfigure him is not fun. It's impressive, yes, but it's not fun. It is no longer the irresponsible violence of GTA III where a handful of polygons were going back and forth running over or shooting other bags of pixels, this is something else. Here is not only that everything has repercussions, it is very realistic and can be unpleasant.

The video game uses that against us, of course. He wants us to reflect too. One of the RDR2 missions makes us the errand boy for a lender who wants their money back. A Pole who neither speaks my language nor lives in the best conditions precisely. What starts as a more or less threatening talk is twisted and I'm getting out of hand, ends the bones of the guy in question on the floor and me giving him hits . Soon I regret, feel sorry for someone is not usual in a game of these characteristics that once lived, basically, allow us to have fun doing crazy things in cities through the absence of empathy. The genre is maturing, Rockstar too.

and

3djuegos said:
That does not stop me from trying to do curious things, of course, and often very violent. For example, buy some dynamite in the local armory and throw a couple of cartridges in the crowded market square of Saint Denis. I hear some cries just before the explosion but nobody has time to flee. After a thunderous noise I see the bodies flying in all directions with that naturalness so overwhelming that the Euphoria physics engine guarantees. One of them, that of a woman, falls a few centimeters from my feet in a really spectacular way. I wish they would let me capture these sessions! The question they ask me constantly about whether there will be gore has a quick response. He has lost a hand

I wonder if this will affect how people play the game.

Back