Red Dead Redemption 2

It's that insane attention to detail and how so many systems are modeled which is why I consider it by far the Best Presentation of any game made for the PS4/XBO generation. No other game for that generation of consoles comes even remotely close. Some games arguably might be better graphically, but they still don't hold a candle to RDR 2.

Regards,
SB

I have just restarted a replay of RDR2. I tried replaying it previously but the controls frustrated me so much, this time not so much.

I just tried it a month ago. The lack of HDR in the Vulkan version is the reason I left it for now, and also because I wanted to complete Gotham Knights. I've never played the game so I gotta see how I can tweak the controls -just in case they are frustrating-, for kb/m.

Also I might use this mod to add XeSS to it.

I just tried it a month ago. The lack of HDR in the Vulkan version is the reason I left it for now, and also because I wanted to complete Gotham Knights. I've never played the game so I gotta see how I can tweak the controls -just in case they are frustrating-, for kb/m.

Also I might use this mod to add XeSS to it.

There's HDR in Vulkan, at least with Nvidia cards.

If it can't detect that you have an HDR display attached then the HDR option disappears from the menu.

I remember having issues with it myself with the game being very fussy about whether it detected it or not, despite me having an HDR capable monitor.

That's was under W10 though which is fussy about HDR at the best of times. I assume its better with W11.

If it can't detect that you have an HDR display attached then the HDR option disappears from the menu.

I remember having issues with it myself with the game being very fussy about whether it detected it or not, despite me having an HDR capable monitor.

That's was under W10 though which is fussy about HDR at the best of times. I assume its better with W11.
it's Windows 11. HDR support is better in W11. I prefer to play the game using Vulkan in this case, in DX12 mode that problem doesn't exist, HDR works from the get go. It's a bit like Doom Eternal without the HDR calibration. Doom Eternal has HDR support, but you must calibrate it for it to work, it's not as straightforward as in DX12. Happy holidays everyone.

Back