PC users tanking User Score for Red Dead Redemption 2

I know PC gamers who bought a PS4 or a Xbox One X just to play RDR2, and that means more PS4 sells.
What proportion of them based their platform decision on the user reviews at Metacritic? Is there even one who chose Ps4 over XB1 because the user review score in the first day of release was so low on XB1?

What proportion of them based their platform decision on the user reviews at Metacritic?
that's a tough question. The idea behind tanking a review is smearing the reputation of the hardware that runs that game, in this case. If that influential software gets better reviews for the XBX than for your hardware, the option is there.

However some people buy the software or hardware depending on other factors too, like needing more friends -then PS4 version is the most likely choice 'cos it has more users-, plus one month early DLC content is huge for PS4.

Some people just trust users more than professional paid review sites, 'cos users are unbiased.

Is there even one who chose Ps4 over XB1 because the user review score in the first day of release was so low on XB1?
Not necessarily so, but everything matters. It's like the old adage that image quality isn't that important, which sounds like this:

"Resolution is just a number"

"Has only four filters"

"The human eyes can only see 30 fps"

Reality is, PC>>Anything else. And people prefer the PC.

Reality is, PC>>Anything else. And people prefer the PC.

While i dont like the pcmr attitude, i wouldnt mind rdr2 60fps native 4k with some enhanced filtring/higher res textures. Mods to enhance the gfx even more and it would be complete. Too bad hzd wont ever see that light.

Back