Ratchet and Clank PS3 - High Resolution screens

Judging by those screen you'd think the game could be shipping tomorrow but they still have +- half a year to further improve the game. :oops:
Either that or they try to free 24MB to integrate the Friends-List. God I hope this game (and a couple more) will be offline only.

Either that or they try to free 24MB to integrate the Friends-List. God I hope this game (and a couple more) will be offline only.

Resistance doesn't have friend list in single player and I honestly cannot see how online and its memory requirements can affect single player in R&C or any other game.

I personally would like to see online co-op.

And Insomniac already said they are at least trying to improve framerate, which is 45 Hz already.

Resistance doesn't have friend list in single player and I honestly cannot see how online and its memory requirements can affect single player in R&C or any other game.
If they fit their art assets with respect to have enough memory for online-features, then it may well be affecting single-player - especially with online coop where you run through the same levels which have to work with the online-features.
Its not just friends-list either - Incomplete list of optional stuff

Oh my these graphics are simply beautiful.

1st party and 2nd part developers really make the console shine. I d gladly pay anything for it if many such games continue to surface.

How much bullshottery might be going on? The amount of straining I have to do to find really noticeable aliasing is simultaneously getting me excited and worried. :p

How much bullshottery might be going on? The amount of straining I have to do to find really noticeable aliasing is simultaneously getting me excited and worried. :p

It looks around 16xAA...it will be 4xAA I'm sure and the art direction will make sure it get's very close to this.

If they fit their art assets with respect to have enough memory for online-features, then it may well be affecting single-player - especially with online coop where you run through the same levels which have to work with the online-features.
Its not just friends-list either - Incomplete list of optional stuff

Almost all of which are related to multiplayer only. That said, I agree with your comment regarding coop. Thought it is not really technical limitation, downgrading sp levels for coop seems to be extra burden if coop levels are essentially same.

Those shots are downscaled which adds another layer of 2xAA. I wouldn't be surprised if this are bullshots but than again resistance would look like almost as smooth if downscaled properly.

Depending on what gets touched up, you always tend to wonder what else might be, ya know?
As mentioned earlier in this thread, it's apparently just AA. That'll also be texture AA due to supersampling though. Thus expect more noticeable jaggies and lesser texture fidelity in the game, like all PR shots.

From the guy who took the screenshots, jstevenson:

"Uh, no. We adjust the levels for publication but that's it. That screen looks just the way it did when I captured it."

1280x720 screens here ->
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/a...re-tools-of-destruction-20070510114053936.jpg

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/a...re-tools-of-destruction-20070510114055561.jpg

James Stevenson from Insomniac, i presume, responded at a neoGAF-thread :

jstevenson said:
Originally Posted by Phife Dawg: said:
These are some sweet looking shots. Look touched up a lot but it'll look great in the end, so no big deal.
Uh, no. We adjust the levels for publication but that's it. That screen looks just the way it did when I captured it.

Back