[PS3] Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One

I can play games in 30 fps, but I don't want to play Ratchet and Clank in 30 fps! The smoothness really makes the game I feel.

I wouldn't want to play Outrun in 30 fps either....

I can play games in 30 fps, but I don't want to play Ratchet and Clank in 30 fps! The smoothness really makes the game I feel.

I wouldn't want to play Outrun in 30 fps either....

Eh, I've never felt the frame rate had anything to do with the 'fun' of Ratchet and Clank. It was always the outrageous weapons and fantastic writing / animation.

I respect your thoughts, but I really think you'll be missing out on a fun title (especially online co-op) if you pass just because of a drop in frame rate (for what looks like a noticeable bump in overall image quality).

I really hope that this comment about the resolution was not about the frontbuffer alone...

More than likely it was. I don't think the game is running @ native 720p, as that would be pretty demanding, and for quite some time now Insomniac has avoided running at that resolution. It is more likely that they're running at the same resolution as R2/ACiT (I dont' remember off of the top of my head). They'll probably focus on cramming in as many enemies / effects / action on screen as they can, rather than bump up the res.

If there's one thing Insomniac has always been extremely stellar at, it's visual effects. Water, smoke, glass, heat waves...they've always looked particularly cool and stylized.

eh ? Both Resistance games are proper 720p, its the R&C games that come under the special case where AA is used to reconstruct a 720p image from a sub HD render (still don't properly understand advantage of doing this).

Its the R&C games that come under the special case where AA is used to reconstruct a 720p image from a sub HD render (still don't properly understand advantage of doing this).

Basically (usually?), they want to perform correct lighting on the multisamples so they render with 2xAA then switch to a double wide render target to perform the shading, then downsample to a 720p front buffer.

Ratchet & Clank All 4 One Launches Today
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/10/18/ratchet-clank-all-4-one-launches-today-see-how-it-starts/

Insomniac Games is proud to announce the release of Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One in North America. The first four-player co-op Ratchet & Clank game finds Ratchet, Clank, Qwark, and Dr. Nefarious captured by the mysterious Creature Collector and transported to the dangerous Planet Magnus. The four will have to work together to survive the planet, and unravel its mysteries. Featuring a huge and upgradable weapon arsenal, All 4 One will take players on a journey through vibrant environments and breathtaking vistas, pitting you against seemingly invincible creatures and robotic minions of the Creature Collector. The optional stereoscopic 3D support brings the 3D CG movie experience at home so you can experience Ratchet & Clank in a whole new way.

To get you even more excited – we wanted to bring you the first cinematic from the game that sets the stage for our heroes’ intergalactic adventure:

(Videos in the link)

Gameinformer gave it a 8.75 and another magazine, don't remember which one, gave it a 95.

Great scores there, hope it sells well, though I doubt it ! Funny that these games, this and R3, are scoring so high and selling so little. I pray that both R3 and All4one sell well over time and make profit for Insomniac. Best of luck Insomniacs !

Yeah, it seems they are not too careful managing their products. R2 had great hype but they abandoned the RFOM formula and didn't polish the game enough. R3 has great potential but they messed up the beta. If they don't treasure their own work and reputation, it will be difficult for customers to get excited about them.

I played the A4One demo in GameStop. It plays well. But they have a huge barrier to overcome. Going multiplatform won't solve the issue.

I didn't even know this game was happening.

I want to play it, but there's so many other games on the horizon that this is way down my list.

I didn't even know this game was happening.

I want to play it, but there's so many other games on the horizon that this is way down my list.

Thats 2011's boon as well as bane ! Too many good games dying due to flood of games in the market. On a usual year, R3 would have sold really well and the news about the quality of its campaign would have spread from gamer to gamer, but the very gamers who liked R3 have already moved on to something else. Attention spans have reduced down to just one week per AAA game, which is very low to even enjoy the game or for news to spread around.

Looks like Rayman Origins will trump it in 4 player co-op fun ! That game is so cheerful and whacky, I feel that old gaming happiness again :) !

Back